Re: Bring valid arguments to the table.

by ChemicalBurn808

Original Post

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 Hey hey dont give him a big head!
Message 51 of 112 (635 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor those words could easily be misconstrued for something else, don't give him any ammunition damn it! lolol
Message 52 of 112 (630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't care much for a "pros" opinion, simply playing a game for a long time doesn't give your opinion more value.

But to share mine for the sake of conversation... I don't care for the reduced ttk. In my mind reducing the ttk just makes winning gunfights less about skill and more about who sees the other person first/who got lucky with a hip fire spread/who has better ping/connection.

I came back to this game after having my absolute fill of warzone. A big part of my hatred for that game is the ttk, so I was pretty disappointed to see apex's reduced only a few days after coming back.

But I'm still enjoying it so far.

Message 53 of 112 (626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh and since it was mentioned a few posts up, can you confirm whether or not crossplay is being forced upon the console playerbase? As I have zero interest in being put into matches with the wrist flickers.

Message 54 of 112 (622 Views)

Champion

@ChemicalBurn808  Supposedly console will only mix with pc if there is a pc player in the premade.

We'll soon see whether there's any truth to that though....seems kinda pointless if that is true.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 55 of 112 (613 Views)

★ Expert

I think people reference pros because they are looking for validation of their own views.  I still see the same people playing the game on Twitch as last season.  It's not bringing a lot of people back that left, but it's doesn't seem to be losing anyone that stayed with the game.

It doesn't seem to me like TTK is a real factor in whether people stick with Apex or not.  They have mostly left due to newer games coming out with new experiences while Apex has mostly remained the same basic gameplay experience.  No new map since beginning of Season 3.  Season 4 changes weren't that great.  Season 5 likely made more people mad than anything with blowing up Skulltown and Thunderdome.  No new ways to play these maps.  No PvE content which was long rumored since Season 1 to be happening.

I don't see people returning due to TTK, just maybe to check out the new Legend and map changes.

Whatever you may think of Warzone, it did a lot to shake up the BR formula, not unlike what Apex did when it launched.  Warzone has much higher player count, on map objectives, the Gulag, and Plunder mode allows you to play the map in a respawning environment.  Tired of cheaters and BR?  Play Plunder and explore the map a leisure.

Valorant is the other game I've seen players gravitating to.  It seems to have successfully combined hero gameplay with CS Go level competitive play.

Message 56 of 112 (590 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ArchAngeL-PCX

Man, this post is underrated.

One of the more serious issues Apex has right now is the amount of content in comparison to what other developers are doing (with regard to the specific gaming season). September and October are arguably the biggest months of the gaming industry; this is when publishers like to drop their new games/content. Developers/Publishers are in direct competition with one another.

Even though we are still dealing with the pandemic, Respawn is being out paced (content wise) at a crucial time by other developers. Obviously, they don’t have the resources of other developers, but the bulk of players don’t really care about that; people just want fresh content.

Respawn made a SERIOUS error by teasing a new map only to not deliver on said map. Even if you blame the players for falling for that tease and hyping themselves up, the result is the same— people feeling bored and spending their time/money on other games. This is NOT the approach to retain customers.
Message 57 of 112 (566 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@MandatoryIDtag  Pointless, i'd agree. But pointless is better than game breaking, which i'd argue is what console-pc crossplay as standard would be.

Message 58 of 112 (535 Views)

@Gabrielmojo26 I flock to this forum spamming gas canister! BREATH IT IN!

Honestly good post, I agree with you. There is also a lot of frustration at the start of new seasons because it takes time for people to adjust. Some people also really dislike change in general.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 59 of 112 (529 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Devs keep changing things that do not need to be changed i.e putting the pk and r99 in care packages, blowing up skulltown, messing up armor. People don't want unnecessary change, they want good things to last imho.
Message 60 of 112 (515 Views)