Re: Bring valid arguments to the table.

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

★ Expert
@pastaclown They're reddit polls, typically between 100-200 reddit members vote, again it's not very representative, but most of the time they're 50/50 results. I mean there's at least 100 polls posted per day lol.
Message 21 of 112 (382 Views)

★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 so it's a third party poll using small sample sizes which might have really high standard deviations, and in turn make any conclusion represented worthless?

If you know the dev's Twitter you should ask them to make their own poll on Twitter AND on Reddit, that'd probably get you more trustworthy results. 

Message 22 of 112 (369 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Gabrielmojo26 If you want to get an idea on feedback from players on reddit then just go through the 6000 and climbing comments on S6 patch thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ibls99/season_6_patch_notes/

That ain't 50/50 lol.
Message 23 of 112 (364 Views)

★ Expert
@pastaclown Point being, it's an observation, not everyone hates S6, as many members on here like to use as an argument to create a snowball effect, which in turn, could also be rendered worthless.

Opinions differ is what I'm saying, and based on what I'm reading, and seeing, it's not that far fetched to be saying it's a split decision.
Message 24 of 112 (362 Views)

★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I'm certainly not going to read the 6000 comments, but can tell me, out of those 6000, how many are positive opinions/comments? And again, 6000 comments out of 1 million+ Apex sub-reddit members, isn't really representative of the truth.
Message 25 of 112 (358 Views)

★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 no no, I agree with you, I've been around asking people what their opinions are on S6 and it's the most mixed reviews I've ever gotten. 

I just thought you had like a Developer poll somewhere, I wanted to see the analytics myself. I love numbers! 

Message 26 of 112 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

There is literally no way of gauging player opinion based solely off of various media platforms.

It clearly is a substantial amount that are unhappy, but I would imagine that those of us who actually use various media platforms to voice our opinions on content make up the minority.

Unless respawn released an actual poll to be interacted with in game, with publicised results at the end it's literally pointless speculating on the majorities opinion.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 112 (352 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@pastaclownI don't think any developer would like to put themselves in that position to be honest, positive or negative. But like you, when asking around, it's really been a mixed result....I just find it funny that people bring up Shroud hating Apex, but leave out niceWigg who actually really enjoys S6, and I'm just using that as an example.

One of his tweets....

I can’t say anything positive about Apex anymore. I always get hyped and excited for the new season and so many people just bash me for it. I ain’t kissing * to no one, I just love Apex and I stay optimistic. I keep it real once I actually play it.

Message 28 of 112 (347 Views)

Champion

@Gabrielmojo26  If a content creator agrees then I must be right. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 112 (342 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I would have thought that pros would be happier with season 6 since TTK is lower and it should be easier to get kills.

I've put a few posts about this already but to me it seems its harder for players that are not great at the game like myself so I would assume it is easier for better players after this update?

I really hope that when cross play comes it will make the game less harder for me cos it gets boring playing game after game and only getting 1 or 0 kills every time.

The game is supposed to be enjoyable otherwise what's the point in playing? At the moment it's not enjoyable but I really want it to be cos I did love this game so it's a real shame they have made it super hard now. I'm sure other players would feel the same as I do and it's only going to push us away and find something else instead. 

Message 30 of 112 (327 Views)