Bring valid arguments to the table.

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bring valid arguments to the table.

★ Expert

I’d like to shed some light in regards to many insinuations being posted on here as of late.

That being said, if you follow multiple media platforms, it’s pretty obvious it’s a 50/50 split as to S6.

One allusion often comes up, “all pros dislike S6”, and this is simply not true, as many of them simply want to see the Devo back in a CP, and have no issues whatsoever with the rest of the update. You need to realize, the first ones to speak out, are typically the loud outspoken angry ones.

Also, if you follow Apex influencers, opinions (good or bad) are to be taken with a grain of salt, as it’s their livelihood.

I typically watch SooXfar, Jankz, and iTemp, which to this day, have always remained unbiased, and I can definitely appreciate that.

Last but not least, S6 does not cater to a specific player base, this analogy is simply ridiculous.

It would be nice if players didn’t flock to this forum guns blazing, torches and pitch forks in hand, with one sided arguments trying to push their own agendas.

I’m not expecting this post to change the mindset of some pissed off players, but at least bring valid arguments to the table so we can somewhat have a constructive discussion.

Seeing “this update is trash”, or “you’re trash at the game so you like this update”, or again “Pros hate S6, so I hate it to”, is getting really old, and to be honest, kinda aggravating.

Message 1 of 112 (2,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring valid arguments to the table.

Champion

@ArchAngeL-PCX  Trainyard does need a good nuking though. The loot is terrible and the layout is deeply annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 80 of 112 (2,495 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Now as valid a point as this is, you're basically peeing against the wind I'm afraid.

I personally find the whole "well the pro's said this" argument pretty annoying whether I agree with the argument or not. It almost feels like people are incapable of forming their own opinions.

Message 2 of 112 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gabrielmojo26People are always quick to argue against or insult people that don't agree with them on here. I find it more humorous than aggravating because I just think imagine going through life like that.

I've probably said the games trash 1001x in the heat of the moment after getting killed but that's that. But to jump onto the forum having the same mindset and then when someone has disagreed with what I've said....mind-boggling.

The way I see it developers/producers/whoever are going to make mistakes in some eyes but theyre just gonna do what they believe is best for the game and us as a byproduct.

I watch Jankz and SooXfar too Standard smile

Edit: Sometimes it's just click bait for an argument thats already been posted 10x further down the page xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 112 (2,569 Views)

★★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 there’s plenty of valid argument being posted about topics such as - terrible balancing in conjunction to lower ttk , boredom of being on the same old map , anger at pre existing bugs still not being seen to , still having the worst sbmm out of any FPS etc etc.

Also just a general lack of interaction between devs and community causes more problems
Message 4 of 112 (2,563 Views)

Champion

@MassiveVernon  I think its more the way in which people choose to interact with each other that's bugging him as opposed to the topics debated.

There's been quite a lot of disrespectful interaction since S6 dropped and theres's  really no need for it. The playerbase tearing chunks out of each other doesn't benefit anybody 

Message 5 of 112 (2,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@MassiveVernonNot sure how you can, again, insinuate, a lack of interaction from the Dev's when they've been more than active on Twitter and reddit, with detailed explanations/replies and what not. I mean they even nerfed the Devo 3 days after S6 lol

Message 6 of 112 (2,553 Views)

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 I'm guesing he's referring to on the forum. But without someone constantly sitting on the forum and social media idk how you can expect them to have the time to do that tbh. Realistically that would probably be a job role in itself and with money and businesses they way they currently are could they afford to hire someone to that role?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 112 (2,544 Views)

★ Expert

With all due respect, the Apex forum is minuscule as to member retention compared to other social media platforms, people create accounts to take a peepee on the game and never come back lol.

I'm not sure the forum could even benefit from a dedicated Apex media relations person.

The devs do a bang up job on both Twitter and reddit. One of them went into detail as to the TTK paralleled to the VOLT on reddit, and if that's not a form of interaction, then I don't know what is.

Message 8 of 112 (2,533 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah that’s fair enough , just wanted to make a point that not everyone is just saying “TRASH GAME I QUIT” or whatever , some of us do try to add constructive and valid points to the table 😅

@Gabrielmojo26 haha wasn’t that nerf literally 1 damage less though? I’ve said from the start anyway that devo isn’t a problem it’s hemlock and volt

Message 9 of 112 (2,528 Views)

★ Expert
@MassiveVernon You brought up interaction, now you're complaining the nerf wasn't enough, pick your poison dude.
Message 10 of 112 (2,524 Views)