Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bring the game down and fix it...

by Sku110ne

Original Post

★★ Guide

No it is not solid. It is unstable and bugged as f* and the balance is aweful.

Message 11 of 27 (157 Views)

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

No it is not solid. It is unstable and bugged as f* and the balance is aweful.

Good to share different opinions I guess. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 12 of 27 (156 Views)

★★ Guide

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Why take a game down that works well and enjoyably?

It needs more content and some balancing, but that isn't solved by shutting it down, in my view.

They should definitly not take down a game which works well and enjoyably. They should take down Anthem. You better check what he has written Wink

Anthem works well and is enjoyable for me. Why should it be taken down?

I did not like many games including TD2, GTA, so should they be taken down? If I don't like the game I do not play it and I do not go to the forums and post that the game should be taken down.

Who cares about you? You are only one ppl.

No, cause you are trolling. Objectivly the state of game is clearly a desaster while its not in GTA ord TD2. Whatever you do, i dont care. Give me my money back and i leave you alone with the bugfest. Otherwise, i have every right to critisis this piece of unfinished software.

Message 13 of 27 (155 Views)

★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

I did not like many games including TD2, GTA, so should they be taken down? If I don't like the game I do not play it and I do not go to the forums and post that the game should be taken down.

No, cause you are trolling. Objectivly the state of game is clearly a desaster while its not in GTA ord TD2. Whatever you do, i dont care. Give me my money back and i leave you alone with the bugfest. Otherwise, i have every right to critisis this piece of unfinished software.

Please explain why I am trolling? I have 500+ hours played the game and I am enjoying it. Other games might be a disaster for others. If you like them then play them. You don't like Anthem then don't play. Problem solved.

You can request a refund as long as the rules listed here can be applied:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Message 14 of 27 (142 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a Interceptor and a storm at 750 or something around there don't really remember. For the last couple of weeks I log in one day play a purple mission and go away.

Game in its current state, at least for me, is only good for one or two missions a week, there's nothing new to do and the progress is worse that growing up from birth to 90.

Purple drops I dont need by the hundreds, blue drops I dont wont by the dozen, and yawn same old mission over and over and over.

Now wouldn't mind doing that same mission over and over and over it I got  a few somethings worthwhile in one of those over and over and overs

IMHO grinding in Black Desert is not as monotonous as Anthem

Message 15 of 27 (141 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

It needs more content and some balancing, but that isn't solved by shutting it down, in my view.

They should definitly not take down a game which works well and enjoyably. They should take down Anthem. You better check what he has written Wink

Objectively, the state of the game is clearly different for different people. I’m playing it with few to no issues, but some are experiencing all sorts of bugs, from the rewards screen crashing to being unable to select their first javelin in some cases. If Bioware were all clearly incompetent and didn’t know what they were doing, the game would be broken for everyone. As it stands, it’s broken for some people, which means that something about their systems, or internet connectivity, or the way they play, differs significantly from the in-house testing setups.

Shutting down the game to get it fixed would only eliminate the opportunity to discover those cases. And, it would also mean that even those who can actually play without any issues wouldn’t be able to play any more. Like, I literally don’t see the point of shutting down the game until it’s fixed versus just, like, not playing it until it’s fixed, if it isn’t working properly for you.

Sure, when you go to forums like these, it might seem like the game is broken for everyone. But the fact of the matter is, people who are enjoying the game are usually too busy enjoying the game to post about it on the forums. Even if there are thousands of people for whom the game is completely broken, there could be hundreds of thousands of people who are playing it just fine.

Plus, considering the amount of paranoia in the “fanbase” at the moment, can you really tell what would happen if they announced that the game is shutting down “until it’s fixed”? Look at the stream getting delayed last week, and how many people immediately jumped to conclusion that it’s a cover-up, and what really happened was that the stronghold wasn’t ready/EA was shutting down the game/Ben and Chad were Force choked by Darth Vader for failing to deliver the Death Star on time/etc. Look at how many people believe that Mass Effect is dead after Andromeda, even after it’s been stated that there will be more Mass Effect games in the future. If they took down the game now, everyone would be weighing in with their expert opinions, explaining that it’s really shut down for good, and predicting that Bioware itself is getting shut down next, and so on and so forth.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 16 of 27 (139 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@KaOs2983 wrote:

I'm pretty sure half the players that played on launch day don't play anymore anyway.. Take it down fix everything give us the game anthem could be instead of the roadkill it is trying to crawl off the highway after being run over.

FFXIV did that exact same thing relaunching a realm reborn and in my opinion one of the greatest turn arounds I've personally witnessed.

I dont give 2 flying rats arses about loot drop rates or luck % I just want stuff to do give us a reason to play please for the love of (insert deity here) I have literally thousands of resources that i cant do anything with! hell give us one NPC where you can trade in farmed resources for a random legendary idc if it cost 5000 of every resource I'll still have a reason to play. As the game sits you're making it difficult to wanna stick around...

I love this game it's my favorite game out of all my library but y'all need to stop with bs roadmaps and bandaid fixes and just FIX it so all the freelancers may return and enjoy the game we all know it could be.

Take it down? Lmfao

Message 17 of 27 (103 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Objectively, the state of the game is clearly different for different people. I’m playing it with few to no issues, but some are experiencing all sorts of bugs, from the rewards screen crashing to being unable to select their first javelin in some cases. If Bioware were all clearly incompetent and didn’t know what they were doing, the game would be broken for everyone. As it stands, it’s broken for some people, which means that something about their systems, or internet connectivity, or the way they play, differs significantly from the in-house testing setups.

Shutting down the game to get it fixed would only eliminate the opportunity to discover those cases. And, it would also mean that even those who can actually play without any issues wouldn’t be able to play any more. Like, I literally don’t see the point of shutting down the game until it’s fixed versus just, like, not playing it until it’s fixed, if it isn’t working properly for you.

Sure, when you go to forums like these, it might seem like the game is broken for everyone. But the fact of the matter is, people who are enjoying the game are usually too busy enjoying the game to post about it on the forums. Even if there are thousands of people for whom the game is completely broken, there could be hundreds of thousands of people who are playing it just fine.

Plus, considering the amount of paranoia in the “fanbase” at the moment, can you really tell what would happen if they announced that the game is shutting down “until it’s fixed”? Look at the stream getting delayed last week, and how many people immediately jumped to conclusion that it’s a cover-up, and what really happened was that the stronghold wasn’t ready/EA was shutting down the game/Ben and Chad were Force choked by Darth Vader for failing to deliver the Death Star on time/etc. Look at how many people believe that Mass Effect is dead after Andromeda, even after it’s been stated that there will be more Mass Effect games in the future. If they took down the game now, everyone would be weighing in with their expert opinions, explaining that it’s really shut down for good, and predicting that Bioware itself is getting shut down next, and so on and so forth.

Thats the worst lie i have ever seen. No, the bugs are not only there for "some" players but for a lot. And no, its not the system or the connection on players side. Especially when they use a console, there is no way you can make a victim a offender. You should be ashamed about that.

Its basically easy to show everyone you are lying, by pointing out, that a lot of games doesnt have that many and that extreme bugs. This is only the result by having lack of time and poor developement.

"Even if there are thousands of people for whom the game is completely broken, there could be hundreds of thousands of people who are playing it just fine."

Could be, but thats not the case for anthem.

"even after it’s been stated that there will be more Mass Effect games in the future. "

The franchise take a brake. Its not clear, if it will return. Thats also just what the devs said, who lie whenever they like to.

Message 18 of 27 (118 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Thats the worst lie i have ever seen. No, the bugs are not only there for "some" players but for a lot. And no, its not the system or the connection on players side. Especially when they use a console, there is no way you can make a victim a offender. You should be ashamed about that.

Its basically easy to show everyone you are lying, by pointing out, that a lot of games doesnt have that many and that extreme bugs. This is only the result by having lack of time and poor developement.

"Even if there are thousands of people for whom the game is completely broken, there could be hundreds of thousands of people who are playing it just fine."

Could be, but thats not the case for anthem.

"even after it’s been stated that there will be more Mass Effect games in the future. "

The franchise take a brake. Its not clear, if it will return. Thats also just what the devs said, who lie whenever they like to.

At least you seem to be an expert on lies.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 19 of 27 (114 Views)

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

... Thats the worst lie i have ever seen. ...

May I suggest you look up 'lie' in a dictionary too, please.

In all seriousness, something you have a different opinion about is a not automatically a 'lie', that's not what the word means. Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 20 of 27 (108 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help