Re: Bring back kings canyon permanent

by IamTheFoxxY

Original Post

★★ Guide

@NitromethaneAP Try dropping Drill site and then pushing Train Yard. Dropping Train yard can be a * show and the loot goes quick, but Drill Site has decent loot and less people drop there and then its not very far to hit the squads in Train Yard after they just finished fighting, but watch for snipers in the higher buildings. The Factory is another good spot to get decent loot, and can have some great battles, but that one can get swarmed some times. I try and hold off going into the cities until I have to because of snipers and campers. When I do go city, I push through the lower levels and use as much cover as I can. Honestly, I usually skirt around the edge and avoid it because its real easy to get multi-partied in the city. Lava City can have good loot and then you can push factory, but then you are way out in the boonies and by the time you hit factory you have to run from the ring while fighting. There is definitely room for improvement with the new map. I hope they add more jump towers and vary the loot more so its not three mozambiques and two p2020s and four phoenix kits in one building, but I think its too early to toss in the towel on the whole map entirely. I am pretty excited about the Halloween event, hopefully that goes off without a hitch.

Message 31 of 38 (579 Views)

★★ Novice

I've seen this happen to another game, ehm h1z1..

People need to let go of their ego and accept their losses, even if they spent 100k or what ever money developing that new map they shouldnt remove KC from the game. I dont think the new map is that bad tbh but i would still rather go back on kings canyon since i liked that terrain more. This new map will need ton of adjusting before it can even get close to KC, like that place near sorting factory, those cliffs are just tiny bit too high for new players while using octanes jump pad etc, its so pathfinder oriented map that its not that fun to run around. So many chockepoints with basically no cover on both sides makes it easy to hold enemies back while they try to outrun the ring.

So many places i find that climbing over something is super hard because of invisible walls, grooves in the wall etc etc..

Bring back kings canyon for good or possibly slowly start killing your game. Players decide how the game is played not the developers!

and if KC is not coming back then make the game start with 50 squads.

Message 32 of 38 (529 Views)

★ Apprentice

kings canyon was perfect for everything close/mid/long ranger battles!

Message 33 of 38 (464 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@bpjesus Totally agree this new map is disgusting doesn’t suit apex play style at all, I’m constantly dying from the ring or teams just sitting back sniping from every angle it’s horrific and why should we completely change our play style it’s a joke please bring back kings canyon
Message 34 of 38 (382 Views)

★★ Expert

"I’m constantly dying from the ring"

...lol...wow

Heart

Message 35 of 38 (372 Views)

★ Novice
@bpjesus I so agree. I and a lot of my friends stopped playing a month into worlds edge, finding it very boring. Kings Cannon was incredible and so much fun. The amount of people in my origin friends list playing it has dropped to 1 or 2 a day from 10-20 before. It's such a shame as the game is great and the developers work hard on it....you just didn't need such a new map or you should have an option as to which you want/have a rotation of maps.
Message 36 of 38 (333 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I like the new map and it's nice exchange from king's canyon and all but I like king's canyon better and I'm hoping it to come back if not in middle of season 4 then at least on season 5 the king's canyon is just so much better! And I'm actually expecting king's canyon to come back on season 5 cuz king's canyon was for 2 seasons and on season 2 it got wrecked and now it has been "2 world's edge seasons" and on season 4 it got wrecked again so I'm expecting the map to change. 

Message 37 of 38 (290 Views)

Champion

@K0nst1s  psssst.....second half of this season you'll get your wish. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 38 of 38 (289 Views)