Re: Bring back kings canyon permanent

by NitromethaneAP

Original Post

Champion

King's Canyon I believe is coming back for the halloween event. They are giving us time with this map only so that we can learn the ins and outs.

I honestly love this new map and because of it Apex feels totally fresh and renewed after playing on the same map for so long. I'm excited to see what they will do with it in the future!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 11 of 38 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm hoping when they eventually create a third map it's set on a moon or something, lots of built up indoor areas with certain sections of the map being low grav. Possibly with some hazards too like for example shooting exterior glass panels in one of the indoor areas will suck legends towards it and if theyre too close fling them out of the building before a safety shutter drops or something.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 38 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@bpjesusThe new map looks awesome, but not for me. It's boring. Too big and yet too tight. Most of the time you just running around and then you die from a longbow or a charge rifle.

So many tall buildings, unless you are a pathfinder or octane, it's gonna be a pain in the a$$ to push campers. I even often got lost inside and couldn't get out. Not enough doors.

And also me & my squad experiencing a stutters in some locations like Capitol City or an open area around there with no fps drops whatsoever. Which is doesn't make any sense. This never happens in Kings Canyon. Otherwise, I wouldn't invest 530hours.

I'd kill to play in Kings Canyon and forget World's Edge or whatever the hell its name is forever.

Some people loves this map, and i respect that. But it would be great if we have that option to choose. I don't care if "relax, they gonna do that on the next update blablabla". Well, they should've done it since season 3 starts then people wouldn't have another problem to deal with.

Message 13 of 38 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide
@bpjesus The map, fantastic. The RNG...that's just horrible. That definitely needs fixing. Let's not forget about the stupid amount of hackers in ranked. Nobody who's not already a pro will find it hard to excel to a further level of their strats, skills, and rank when every third squad you run into after Gold and Platinum are hacking
Message 14 of 38 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@bpjesus I’ve been saying how scarce loot is in this game and now people are just realising because of the introduction of a new crap map that absolutely no one asked for.
Message 15 of 38 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

It's been a week now, and I have no issues finding good loot now that I basically dropped in many spots, with many more to discover.

Loot is fairly condensed, you're obviously paddling up $hits creek if you're dropping in secluded areas with a few buildings to share with your team.

Honestly, loot isn't as much of an issue anymore, if it even was one when they first introduced S3.

I actually really like this new map, adapted quite easily, and for those saying they're experiencing way more 3rd partying on this one, i'm baffled as I have not ran into 3rd party issues like on KC.

Rotation from your initial drop to a second spot is very good if you're dropping in the right locations from the get go, noticed I've struggled when teammates would just drop hot as if they're in a hurry to play with zero f$cks given, we'd struggle for loot having to run to the next town, and eventually all die to a squad that had a better rotation going.

I feel you need to think things out a little better on this new map, which some don't enjoy, they just wanna drop and shoot wtv moves.

Obviously the loud outspoken ones are always the first to complain, but I think a silent majority actually like this new map.

If anything, I'll admit, charge riffle needs some tweaking, and I'm sure it's coming shortly.

Message 16 of 38 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Gabrielmojo26 I think players are learning how to dodge the Charge Rifle. I beamed a more damage with it in the first two days than now. I hope they won't nerf it much, it may become unrewarding and no fun.
Message 17 of 38 (1,035 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I don't particularly want KC back as I like the new map but I must admit that I've already had games where my loot was little more than bric-a-brac. Lol.

Message 18 of 38 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Well, im grabbing a break from this game until old map is back. Just doesn't feel like Apex anymore. Hopefully they remove Charged Rifle too.

Message 19 of 38 (1,014 Views)

★ Guide
@NitromethaneAP Was hoping this would segway me into COD MW... I had to go and buy Shadowkeep 🥺.
Message 20 of 38 (988 Views)