Bring Platoons back, we need them

by MightyQu1nn75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bring Platoons back, we need them

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I am a general of a large Dice Verified Platoon.  Yes, Dice used to care so much about us that they even gave verified status to the good ones that did things for the community.  They actively encouraged us to build communities.  

Now fast forward to 2042.  The largest maps/ player count matches of the franchise.  And yet platoons are gone.  Platoons are gone and so is a server browser.  No method exists of being able to get more than one squad into these huge games.

Overnight, the communities we have spent so many years building have been ripped apart and trampled on.  We cannot play together in the same match.

I understand that there is portal.  But it's a new game, we all want to experience in it's entirety but we have to split up to do so.  Which is crazy when you consider there are 128 people in a match.

How did we get here?  From actively encouraging Platoons to stepping over them like pieces of rubbish on the street?   We are literally homeless.  With no method of continuing to grow.  Only shrink as everyone splits off just to get a game.

Platoons are like families.  In my case, they are my family as I have none.  We talk daily, we share the bad times and the good times in our lives.  We support each other.  We have fundraisers for those in hardship.  Donated food gift cards, sent flowers for bereavements.  Held meet ups in real life. 

Why would you ever want to take those experiences away from the communities you activity encouraged us to build?

Years of hard work, years of recruitment.  Years of managing our communities and holding them accountable for their behaviour. 

We have a huge sense of pride in wearing our tags.  And now they are gone.  Without any mention.  Like they were so unimportant to Dice all along they can't even bother to give us an explanation.

These Platoons have literally held communities together during the rough times of V.  And now we have been discarded like a used tissue.

We deserve better.  #BF2042bringplatoonsback

Message 7 of 241 (7,666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bring Platoons back, we need them

★★★★ Apprentice
@MightyQu1nn75 Good write up, I agree 100%.

View in thread

Message 221 of 241 (3,589 Views)

All Replies

Platoons 2042

★ Apprentice

Will existing platoons migrate to Battlefield 2042, and will we be able to display custom platoon emblems? 

Message 1 of 241 (8,013 Views)

Re: Platoons 2042

[ Edited ]

Hello @aberbear317

We don't have any informations about Platoons and Emblems yet. Stay tuned for more info. Standard smile

_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 241 (8,006 Views)

★ Apprentice
@WindowsManTv_CZE thanks for your prompt response.
Message 3 of 241 (7,994 Views)

@aberbear317

No problem, that's why Im here. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 241 (7,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Aber, did they ever reach back out to you regarding this matter?

I would also like to know if they are going to make BF2042 Platoon friendly.

We could definitely use an Audit Log on the platoon menu. With multiple people running a platoon, it would be nice to know whos making what moves when you are the General. Simple Audit log solves all that.

RemyVzn

[NUKE]

North America

Message 5 of 241 (7,672 Views)

No clan tags or platoons

★ Apprentice

As a platoon leader I'm very disappointed that platoons and clan tags are not in BF2042. Over the past few months I've reach out on twitter as the was no mention what so ever only to find out at launch. Battlefield is a community game and platoons are a massive part of that! It makes you unique to your squad and also clan.this has no just angered myself but other platoons aswell. Yes portal is there for setting up the games but battlefield now feels empty without platoons 😢😢😢

Message 6 of 241 (7,090 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

100% agree 👍 

Message 8 of 241 (7,587 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ps. Norvern Titan here... SSDDGraham is the old name, obviously not been here in a while 😂 

Message 9 of 241 (7,581 Views)

★★ Guide

Haha oh I knew who you were.  Blast from the past that name.  Let's not mention my old name here lol

Message 10 of 241 (7,571 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help