Re: Bring 'Assist Count as Kill' Back to BF2042

by De7hStalk

Original Post

★★ Expert

@CPT_GASLIGHT wrote:

My guess it was intentional because it would make it a lot easier to T1 stuff. 

The original post was from December, and at that point we didn't got assists rewarded for a lot of events. I guess we should be happy that they trigger something at all.

Sure a "Assist counts as Kill" would be much appreciated. But considering how the rewards for vehicle destruction work at the moment, I guess this task isn't trivial. 

Message 11 of 16 (350 Views)

★★ Expert
@Tank2042Man The question is, who is assisting who. The guy that made the first 99% damage, or the one that made the last 1%.
Message 12 of 16 (347 Views)

★★★ Guide

It’s an FPS. Kills and deaths matter. 

Message 13 of 16 (326 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I hardly ever get kills in this game - it always lots of assists !

Message 14 of 16 (294 Views)

★★ Pro

What about vehicles.  You only get an assist if youre the last to damage it.  If borg regens begins before the kill, assist isnt rewarded.   It takes 4 hits to destroy most vehicles.   If 4 people hit an infantry, dont all 4 get the assist? 

IMHO, if youre part of the kill, you should get an assist.    That being said, Killing Blow is over rated, unless youre playing the new Apex mode..

Message 15 of 16 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If no one would have interfered and stole your kill you would have it. You used the ammo. You got the hits and you get nothing but a bit of xp from a lame assist. It used to be that if you got even 1 point of damage it would count as 1xp per point and if you got over 75% of the damage it would count as kill toward the progression of your weapon and your statistics. This is why snipers and shotguns take extra long to max out.  "Boom" 75%+ dmg and before you can get another shot off "Assist!" pops up..... yay.

Message 16 of 16 (233 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help