Breakthrough needs attention

by Pimp_SWE

Original Post

Re: Breakthrough needs attention

★★ Guide
@SpudBug Orbital and Kaleidoscope used to be hard to win as attackers when there were the rooftop flags, and everyone complained about it so they changed the flags and now the opposite is true and people are complaining.

I think defenders get outside the zone and then don’t go in the zone to protect the flag even when they are just outside zone - not sure if it is a lack of situational awareness or players who value their KDR over wins.
Message 11 of 15 (196 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DCAT627 wrote:

I think defenders get outside the zone and then don’t go in the zone to protect the flag even when they are just outside zone - not sure if it is a lack of situational awareness or players who value their KDR over wins.

my money is on the latter

Message 12 of 15 (192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Bolvard wrote:
Get this, at some point in the game, the defending side has to deal with

- much more vehicles (3Tanks, 6 Boltes, 3 Air vehicles ), this amount is allready overkill.
- spawn far, far away from they objectives if it is contested.
- have a longer respawntimer, means reinforcement won’t come fast enough to defend an objective.

How in thecworld are you supposed to win as defender ?
If you have a relative balanced match, the attacking side will always win by default.

Defenders have EMP's, mines, an operator that hacks vehicles, rocket launchers, AA launchers and another operator that can deploy projectile stopping armor.  Also as I have mentioned. There are objectives that are not easily overtaken by vehicles.  The far away spawn is a penalty for being killed and not having a squad member near the objective to spawn on.  The same penalty that can be applied to a player on the attacking side when their squad mates are not actively moving toward the objective.  I am fine with this.   

I see defenders winning in Breakthrough quite often.  Yesterday I was in two matches where the defenders won on the first set of objectives.  What is a balanced match in this game?  Usually if one team is terrible.  It is easy to see right away either as an attacker or a defender. 

Message 13 of 15 (152 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Skill4Reel it usually comes down to which side has more "snipers". whoever has the most loses
Message 14 of 15 (133 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wait do you guys can play that mode? I miss play breakthrough since December

Message 15 of 15 (119 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help