Brainium Basher feedback

by siclehilde

Original Post

Re: Brainium Basher feedback

★★ Guide

So I came back and played BFN for a while for the prize map, and during that time, I have gained a better opinion about the upgrade.

Firstly, I would like to say that the upgrade needs small nerfs. I have encountered many SB's who literally dodged all my shots and got away several times. Additionally, the damage could be a bit lower. I still stand with my opinion that the balance dials for the upgrade need to be toned down, but I am actually not mad at the upgrade. It does take skill most times and it is new, so I think I am more forgiving than with Steam Blaster.

The last thing I want to mention is counters. I am quite surprised with how many things simply counter the upgrade. With no shield and ranged attacks, stuns and long range characters simply destroy this upgrade. Citron and Chomper have very good stuns that devastate, not to mention their ability to tank the highest charged dash and their other abilities. I used Cactus a lot recently I have most times been able to deal with this upgrade fairly well. I actually don't die from them after a certain point in the match. However, they do still get many kills easy due to being able to farm on worse players or AI's very easily.

Message 51 of 65 (948 Views)

★ Pro

Rose can counter BB by simply jumping diagonally over dash. While damage is most likely to be nerfed, I wonder if charged attacks could use some visual aids like Olds Cool's ball attack but not that flashy.

Message 52 of 65 (906 Views)

★★ Pro

At first I thought BB would be ok but I'm playing against more and more of them. Just had a game of turf against two of them, they both dominated the leaderboard in terms of kills, playing very hit and run tactics. You couldn't see them coming most of the time to try any counter, and if they didn't one shot you they'd often disappear out of there and come back at a different angle.

Got to be honest, it ruined the game massively. Not fun.

Another bad thing added looks like at the moment along with steam blaster.

Message 53 of 65 (874 Views)

If current Brainium Basher is allowed, Foot Soldier will be able to Rocket Jump at will and launch ZPG at will.

Message 54 of 65 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They're quieter about things than I'd like on the game lately, but there is a patch set for the end of July according to the Trello board. Brainium Basher and Steam Blaster are the 2 balance issues that need to be looked at the most and would love to see them adjusted in this upcoming patch. 

Message 55 of 65 (813 Views)

★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 There still seems to be no roadmap Frown
Message 56 of 65 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

That seems a little weird, don’t the developers do roadmaps every few months or something? Normally anyway. Those are some quiet developers. They should be louder - in terms of communication!

Message 57 of 65 (736 Views)

I can't understand is why auto regeneration begins when Brainium Basher hits.

He already has surprising survivability relying on his mobility.

Please delete auto regeneration to make him easy to be killed.

Message 58 of 65 (683 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't used the upgrade in multiplayer yet, but from what I have seen of it from going up against it, it is definitely OP. To me, the damage that it does and the mobility that it gives SB just seems a little too much.

The upgrade's damage could be reduced to stop it from one shotting most of the plant team and the distance travelled in a fully charged dash should be greatly reduced.

Message 59 of 65 (652 Views)

@CharlesHlcBendel I like that idea. I think the core problem is that "flying hit" is BB's primary weapon. It should be an ability like Chomper's burrow, where the player is more exposed after they perform one.
Message 60 of 65 (471 Views)