Brainium Basher feedback

by siclehilde

Original Post

Re: Brainium Basher feedback

★★ Pro
@EA_David I am really happy to see you guys want feedback for the upgrade, so I expect some adjustments to Steam and BB in the future.

My previous reply on this post represents my current opinion on the upgrade, so if you want my feedback, there it is.
Message 31 of 65 (900 Views)

★★ Pro

I finally got the upgrade yesterday and I played about 3 games. First game I ended up middle of the pack, as I was trying to figure out how to use him.  Second game I lead the game, as I was kind of use to the different charge damage and mobility differences. 3rd game i easily lead the game and all i did was try to kill the first people i saw. No strategy, just bulldozed my way into any plants in my sights. 

Today I'll work on different combinations of dashes, uppercut and hyperjump for optimal flow, speed and mobility. And dash, uppercut, turbo twist and his fire ball for optimal damage in different situations against different characters. 

3 game in and my predictions of BBBS is coming true, that he's OP.  From my initial impressions, he is high risk high reward, just as 80s is, but potentially much more destructive.  I'll test him out more again today and report back. 

Message 32 of 65 (864 Views)

Re: Brainium Basher is ENTIRELY OP

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@shurikeninja Nerf SB's abilities.

They need to nerf Twister in someway and take away that sucking hitbox from Hyper Jump Thump. 

In BB's case, make the first charge not spamable, make it so you have to actually charge to use even the first bash (50 dmg). Doing this will nerf his mobility a lot, and it will take longer to activate the instakill moves.

In SB's case, fix his garbage hit detection, nerf his range back to normal, and rework Flying Fists (give it more range and take out damage, it think the final charge should do around 50 dmg, for it to become a confirm move on people who are low or are running away from you), and give back his backward movement from Alpha Better Shield.

Message 33 of 65 (858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As a fellow SB main, I mostly agree that SB and BB need some work. However, I disagree that SB needs his range on punches reduced, as BFN is a game where mobility abilities are absolutely necessary to reach run-away targets, and having more range on his fists makes it so he doesn't struggle as hard as he did back then.

Flying Fists should get more range, but I think their damage is fine; if anything, the small charge should be buffed, since it's not quite as useful as it once was.
Twister is an ability I am really happy they fixed, but I don't think it should be nerfed. Instead, they should nerf Super Ultra Ball's size, because compared to GW2, it is WAY easier to hit and aim, and it's a kill confirm with Hyper Jump Thump, an ability that NEEDS nerfing immediately.

As for Brainium Basher, I think they should increase the duration of the uppercut, but also increase the charge time of all bashes. Also the obvious 125 damage thing that should be reduced to 90/80, since Uppercut is supposed to be a killmove.

Message 34 of 65 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can just say that a new legendary upgrade for super brains is OP, but the technique is a key here! You need to predict enemy movement or to counter it! Also Oak and Citron with his shield are very hard to take out. The movement needs to be fixed asap! I don't want brains to attack my opponents with a butt or to look on different sides. The upgrade is very fun to use, one of the best legendary upgrades! Now a bad thing is that you can't play against bots(aimbot) simply as you know that death is coming for you. Sometimes it does not register hit, but I very sure that I hit the target well(like a wind I was flying through them). The good thing is also that goopy won't kill s. brains it will remain with 60-80 health and I'm very happy with that(only if you take cover). Big enemies to s. Brains are garlic drone, Oak(acorns on top of him is pretty easy to kill with one charge hit), Citron, SnapDragon at some point...  I guess you just need to fly away from danger haha

Message 35 of 65 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DededeDumDum I agree with you in everything, except Flying Fists, we don't need Founders SB back, we need an Close Range Brawler that is fightable, fair and not braindead, not a camper.

Flying Fists should get his damage reduced and more range, so it is a finalizer not a reliable long range option (like Chomper's broken slobber shot and goop).

Message 36 of 65 (787 Views)

★★ Guide

The momentum BB super brainz gain when using dash should be like citron's and all-star's dash attack: they do not keep the momentum after the ability is used. BB's no charge is easily spammable and give super brainz much more mobility than any other character in the game, so is basically impossible to run from him but it's easy for him to escape you. Also, the 125 damage... He has three damange abilities, he doesn't need the max charge to insta kill most plants.

Message 37 of 65 (736 Views)

★ Guide

Had the pleasure of being in lobby with 3 super brains - two legendary and one normal. 

I was using Citron and EM Peach doesn't seem to cancel their dash forward. After their dash forward, they are stunned for the remainder of the stun duration though.

Being that EM Peach was recently buffed to cancel sprint tackle and gravity smash, it seems like it should work similarly for brainium basher. 

Message 38 of 65 (704 Views)

★★ Expert
@EA_David It may seem a little off-topic, but these are my opinions on all the upgrades:
-Shogun Guard: Probably the most balanced upgrade so far. I think the exchange of ROF for dmg is adequate, but perhaps increase the shield health? I know it shouldn't be too viable, but it does help.
-Thorn Apart: Many people don't know what to think of this upgrade. I think because it isn't an exact change to a primary it's difficult to understand. I think the idea is really good, but the damage and the charged is extremely overpowered. As a rule of thumb, I don't think upgrades should insta-kill/2 shot any classes inclusive of 125 HP. With many classes having their base health to this amount, it makes the upgrade too OP. Bearing in mind this has homing, I think nerfing the damage needs to be done. Also, with Goatify being completely broken, with it's AOE especially in TT, reduce the amount an orb charges with this ability, because it is the easiest to use. Buff the charge rate of the engima and jinx abilities to make them more effective.
-Steam Blaster: I know EVERYONE wants this upgrade nerfed. I think it's the concept that makes this blindily OP. Because of its Chemist (so high damage up close) but Alien Flower Hybrid (AOE damage if plants stay near the shot) it makes it too easy to take out groups of enemies. I honestly think the dmg needs to be nerfed. With how the Blaster works, if we nerf the damage it means that the Scientist will only do a small amount of damage, an in order for this x amount of damage to be inflicted, the player will have to stay in this AOE for longer. So basically, it does less damage per shot, but because the Steam racks it up cumulitavely through the AOE, it's less damage but more time to actually deal that damage.

I can't say really on the BB upgrade. I will say that I think the charge time and damage should be reduced, because again, it insta-kills most classes. I also think it's unfair that SB can destroy potato mines and spikeweeds, because it would seem a really logical way to counter the upgrade.
Message 39 of 65 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I just got the upgrade, and it is pretty overpowered. Its also kind of clunky. The dash attack hitbox is pretty precise and characters can jump over the attack. If you try to cancel the charge up you have to cancel again to get rid of the speed debuff.

I've read some complaints in this thread about BB's mobility and damage and while I can agree it may be too much, I also think the low damage for some plant classes is a problem and it indirectly makes Super Brainz stronger. 

Message 40 of 65 (610 Views)