Brainium Basher feedback

by siclehilde

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Brainium Basher feedback

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Nevermind that SB was already the first class to be featured on the Prize Track and somehow needed to be visited again ahead of any others that have yet to be featured once.

Speaking as a MR105, Brainium Basher is so good as to be worse than Steam Blaster.

It's mobility alone is godlike.

It appears to make the SB immune to Stun effects.

It charges through and destroys Spikeweeds.

I have repeatedly seen it decimate teams with their only hope being if everyone focus-fires the SB down, and then only if the SB sticks around to let it happen.

Anyone saying that it is skill dependent is naive; over time more people will become skilled. Is player attrition supposed to balance it?

Even broken, Twin-Headed Dragon was more balanced than this.

Why was this even added to the game when so many classes have base abilities that are suicide jokes and/or are broken? e.g. Naval Laser, Funky Bouncer, etc.

SB was OP as is. Give people whole classes.

Remove this trash.

edit:

Oak:Super_Sap_Trap is self removed by the SB's own attack, making Oak:Molasses useless.

Message 9 of 65 (2,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Brainium Basher is ENTIRELY OP

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I must agree with you.

Some days ago I posted that Brainium was balanced and everything, but no. From someone that understands SB better than anyone else, this upgrade is overpowered.

Let's compare SB from GW2 when the game launched, he was the same ideal from SB from BfN - he was a dive character that gives up on everything to use everything in the person/group he sees, needing his team's help to stay alive longer. When the famous 2018 update came out, he got a rework, changing his overall gameplay (Dive -> Hit and Run), nerfing his abilities and buffing his movement, he was actually balanced at that point.

In BfN's case, it's terrible: while they removed his backward movement using shield after the last Patch, have a terrible hit detection and flying fists being only decent, he has godlike abilities that makes him a insane dive character, Hyper Jump Thump sucks people in for Turbo Twister, giving him an instakill to groups, and TTwister can also be used to cheese in x1 fights or win them entirely.

But now, it got worse. SB was balanced because his primary weapon, secondary and shield wasn't that good, but now, he has the movement of a god in this game (no limitations like Heroic Kick in GW2), massive damage and instakills that makes him unfun to deal with and unbalanced, and uppercut, that combos into anything he wants and instakills players or makes his movement insane. His broken abilities can now reach groups at better times and faster, and after that, he can just run away, and do the same thing. It's like doomfist when he launched.

He right now, is a dive character fused with a hit and run character, which makes this disgustingly OP. At this time, I think he is one of the best in the game, if not the best character. Obviously it won't look like it because people don't know how to use the upgrade and it will seem like it kinda sucks, but trust me, this is next level. And yes, he is stronger than 80s and Steam Blaster Scientist.

Sorry for making the other post, I was wrong to not test the upgrade for longer before making a conclusion.

View in thread

Message 14 of 65 (3,431 Views)

All Replies

Brainium Basher is not OP

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the Upgrade myself. It’s actually quite Difficult to use and It’s like High Risk High Reward. The Charge has the same Hit reg as Sprint Tackle so that means you have to be Accurate when using this Upgrade. Brainium Basher seems to be OP. If the Player using this Upgrade is good. 

Message 1 of 65 (2,520 Views)

Re: Brainium Basher is not OP

[ Edited ]
Champion

It seems to be a very skill-based upgrade from what I’ve seen, unlike Steam Blaster which can be really powerful and doesn’t require major amounts of skill. If I’ve heard about the upgrade correctly, then SB loses his shield and is vulnerable to enemies who he is not targeting and are attacking him, correct? Wondering

Message 2 of 65 (2,510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheSprinter85 Correct. SB no longer has his Shield. When charging he is very Vulnerable. Especially to Cactus since charging he is very Slow. It’s best to use it on Single Targets and use your Mobility to escape.
Message 3 of 65 (2,496 Views)

★★ Pro
Only time and getting the upgrade into more people's hands will determine if it's OP or not. Given the leaks and PopCap's track record with balancing, it was expected that people (myself included) would say that it's OP right away.
Message 4 of 65 (2,477 Views)

Champion

Thanks for the clarification!

Hopefully there’s not some exploit out there that someone will find for this upgrade - hopefully PopCap are ready to remove exploits if there are any.

Message 5 of 65 (2,465 Views)

★★ Pro

I've not unlocked it but played against it. 

So far ok, seems powerful enough but not a major nuisance like that other upgrade that shall not be named.

Message 6 of 65 (2,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I haven't faced brainium basher enough yet, but his increased mobility is quite impressive which seems a counter-balance to losing the shield for cover.  

What are people's thoughts on past balancing changes that seemed questionable now that legendary upgrades like steamblaster has been out for awhile and brainium basher has just come out?

Some things I recall that were buzzworthy in the past include Snapdragon's strong range on his primary, or the generous buffs for Peashooter's Last Ditch and Chomper's Grody goop was a surprise. So I do wonder if they make balancing changes with consideration for new upgrades they will introduce. One thought I have, with how much Nightcap continually gets nerfed, maybe she will have an amazing legendary upgrade! It'd be interesting to see a high damage "back-stab" type move introduced that synergizes with her shadow sneak and mobility.  

Edit: Also wanted to add, there was a youtube video i saw with snapdragon's legendary in alpha that shows a "lava" like weapon that makes the ground light up so zombies take damager. Seems like if that is the eventual intention for snapdragon's legendary, it's a counter to push back brainium basher and steamblaster that get in your face.

Message 7 of 65 (2,286 Views)

★ Pro
Welp, I've encountered one & it seems broken, until I considered the situation. The person using it was Grand Master 5, which obviously means he knows Super Brainz. Secondly, he struggled to hit me, but when he did, he hit HARD. Rarely used his abilities & felt a bit obnoxious. From that one game, I recommend playing long-ranged characters as it take some time for SB to reach you. Also, stay mobile, as when he reaches you, your chances of surviving are low.
Message 8 of 65 (2,234 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is dubious that player skill is used to qualify whether the upgrade is OP.

It is entirely OP.

The mobility alone is OP.

Add in it's damage and stun immunity and it's worse than Steam Blaster.

Message 10 of 65 (2,199 Views)