Re: Blunt weapons

by Fringerunner

Original Post

Blunt weapons

★★★★★ Apprentice

i would like to see the return of the blunt weapons like BF1 and BFV. Like the bat. 

Message 1 of 13 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Babyraincloud No thank you from me. Blunt weapons remind me of the past two Battlefield’s melee systems and we do not need those dumbed-down, glitchy, and skill-free melee systems. They need to stay gone.
Message 2 of 13 (573 Views)

Skill free like counter knife spam and teleportation "nothing personal kid" moments?

BF melee has always been wacky and I love the franchise for it. I'd be stealing tags with a rubber chicken if I could. Nothing quite like cracking a homer with Lucille though

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 13 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The cricket bat was one of the few good things about BFV!

Message 4 of 13 (540 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I second the rubber chicken suggestion even if i'm not a huge fan of the blunt weapons either.

(i can take them or leave them, but a rubber chicken would sway me provided the animation is about 45 seconds long)

Message 5 of 13 (531 Views)

@carsono311 wrote:
@Babyraincloud No thank you from me. Blunt weapons remind me of the past two Battlefield’s melee systems and we do not need those dumbed-down, glitchy, and skill-free melee systems. They need to stay gone.

@carsono311 I completely agree. I hated the melee system in BF1 and BF5 and am hopeful that we have a BF3/4 style melee system throughout the lifecycle of 2042. So far 2042 seems to have ditched a lot of the BF1/5 systems and it's wonderful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 13 (489 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

Skill free like counter knife spam and teleportation "nothing personal kid" moments?

BF melee has always been wacky and I love the franchise for it. I'd be stealing tags with a rubber chicken if I could. Nothing quite like cracking a homer with Lucille though

@TTZ_Dipsy Counter-knife spam was never a thing. You had to nail it once (usually count to 1 in your head then hit it) or you were dead. You couldn't spam the button and kill them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 13 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I guess the 'modern' warfare slant is always going to be the issue re blunts, let alone whether we get @TTZ_Dipsy 's funny chickens or not!

Will BF2042's 'modern' dog-tagging via their player cards still be a collecting thing?  (I'd enjoy tracking how many rare rubber chicken kills I ever get!)

I hope so as Ripple actually sounded confident about the effort put into this year's sneaky, sneaky;

"Battlefield 2042 will also have unlockable melee weapons earned through Player Levels and progression, all of which have their own unique Takedown animation tied to them."

Message 8 of 13 (446 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DJ_Englishman It was so centrally featured in the reveal trailer, I would expect it to be in the game… otherwise, I will be extremely disappointed and a little pissed off.
Message 9 of 13 (441 Views)

@Babyraincloud there was some pretty cool looking weapons ngl.

But honestly, we should come back to the simple and well known knifing from BF3, BF4 were you simply onw hit killed the enemy as sson as you was in range of that melee attack.

Had a nice 1st person view knife animation including taking his dogtags and that's it.

On a Battlefield fully filled with Guns around you, if you get that close to an enemy, you deserver a clean one hit kill animation, as simple is that. Wink 

That's where it started and that's where we should be heading to again. 

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 10 of 13 (427 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help