Re: Blenheim MK I left or right tree

by Marcusspinner

Original Post

Blenheim MK I left or right tree

★ Apprentice

I tried playing the Blenheim MK I with the best specialization tree or the most value added to the team. Many option left it just lacking a bit in comparison with the Blenheim Mk IF. For example, I prefer always the Nosegunner Machine Guns for the Blenheims because they will shred through enemy fighters (try this out for the newer players).
By having this specilization we have two options for the first rank, air radar of supply drop. I'm teamplayer so I choose supply drop, this drops a medic and ammo crate and drops in vertical line. Really usefull to precisely drop on your teammates. Still though if you have drop one, if you drop another the previous one disappear what is really disadvantage if you want to help more squads out.
Now because of the 
Nosegunner Machine Guns you have to go the left part and get the Armored Fuselage and as last you have the option for the .50 Cal High explosive or the Mine Drop · Paradrop, important note: if you don't pick the mine drop you will keep your 8x 40 kg bombs. I still think by forceing you down the left tree you get forced an agrressive play style and this plane should more help out by going down the right tree. 
Let's say the tree give you the option to go down the right tree when choosing the 
Nosegunner Machine Guns you, should then have: Deploy Supplies - Nosegunner Machine Guns - Maintenance Drills - Paradrop (note you will have the 8x 40 kg bombs still though) this feels way more usefull for the team and you still have the defensive and aggressive support playstyle. 
Go down the left tree now will no get you: 
Radar Package - Spotting Camera · 2x - Armored Fuselage - .50 Cal High explosive Also a really nice loadout for support your ground troops feeling agressive defensive and really helping your team (you will lose the 8x 40 kg bombs because of the spotting camera). Can someone please change the tree I think this plane has way more potential for a different tree layout!

Message 1 of 3 (306 Views)

opting for the Blenheim MK IF could be just what you need instead of changing entire skill trees with the Mark 1. Now, this plane is definitely more on the aggressive side with its 4x500 and2x1000 bomb options, but you have the added benefit of armour and can swap out the larger bombs for the nosegunner machine guns you love. Admittedly, I've never used them but I'm intrigued if they're * effective as you say.

I personally don't see a need for dropping health and supply crates only because medics/support are in abundance, but every objective has it's own supply so you might as well take as many people out as you can. A perfectly balanced model of both attack and defence would be too broken to the general public so keeping each side different is probably best in the long run.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TTZ_DipsyIf the medic and ammo crate had an icon on the minimap this drop would be nice for soldier in the field that are on the edge of certain objectives or trying to outflank certain enemies like tanks.

Again this specialization is underused because of the feature that is missing. Also dropping ammo and health in one spot is really agressive and powerfull for a squad. Still the Blenheim needs have a more defensive in combination with the killing potential by having the nose gunner (this really good against fire planes and planes in general, the fire rate is really high) and the spawning on the plane so it gives player the option to attack from the different angles.

Vertically is so underused in the game, like the spawn beacon that had the option to parachute in the sky in Battlefield 4.

Message 3 of 3 (244 Views)