Re: Blastbeard makes no sense

by lllegalSpecOps

Original Post

Blastbeard makes no sense

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Blastbeard is way to easy to kill if you get hit once you're dead since he's such a big target they just continue to land every hit while you're stuck in mid air ragdolling plus he falls so slow and has no mobility ability so he's essentially just a sitting duck. Kayi and Amphora will win 100% of the time against Blastbeard since they launch you 50ft with a fully charged shot and then charge another full shot before you can react and hit you over and over again until you're so far you either hit the barrier or cant jump back to the map. Please fix Blastbeard hes easily the most useless character, cant get on the objective in mega rocket since you're such a big target they just land every shot and push you away. His only use is to stand on goal in rocketball and use his blast to push away the ball when an enemy throws it other than that completely useless. Playing him makes me want to Uninstaller the game

Message 1 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@lllegalSpecOps So the part that he arguably has hardest hitting shots and offensive abilities doesnt fizzle out his stature?
Message 2 of 6 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Koochi-QBeing that everyone just evades his cannonballs makes his basic attack pretty much useless and amphora and kayi hit just as hard but way more accurate. But if he's going to be the biggest character in the game he should be the hardest to launch of the ground but even plink can launch you far enough you cant make it back to map so yes hes basically useless. Have never lost to a team with a blastbeard since hes such an easy target you just focus him and kill him almost instantly since hes incapable of doing anything in the air. If you lose to a team with blastbeard you probably played really bad that game.

Message 3 of 6 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@lllegalSpecOps The 2 ladies need to charge their attack for the heavy hit, by that time Beardy has already shot you twice or thrice. So not really the same.

I've lost multiple times to teams with a Beard in it since they always attack from the back or 2v1 when your teammates are doing something...

So either you're extremely lucky, have a premade team or just haven't come across a good blastbeard. Just look at the boards what ppl say about Beard and Notch.

I do hope your streak continues tho.
Message 4 of 6 (781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Blastbeard is fantastic when utilizing the normal missile dodge and shockwave effectively and definitely does his best work when closer to the ground. His best mode is by Mega Rocket with rocket ball coming in second. I'll agree he's incredibly easy to focus down in TDM.

Message 5 of 6 (713 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Koochi-Q Still have yet to lose to a blastbeard, amphora and kayi still consistently kill me easier than blastbeard. If I'm not using hunters idol and my dodge is on CD and I get hit by amphora or kayi they hit me another 2 times for a ko before my character can recover. I even tried playing blastbeard again and literally no matter what mode it is the enemy team just focuses me(blastbeard) and I'm ko'd within seconds if I get hit once and dont have dodge or blastwave. I dont see the point in making him a bigger character and making him get knocked back the most went into a custom match and a fully charged amphora shot easily launches blastbeard 2x further than any other character I play as. So I'm sorry but in all of my experience so far blastbeard is easily the weakest character. Rev 60, blastbeard 31, amphora 25, and the rest of my characters are around level 10 so its not like I just started playing.
Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)