Blank icons/download in queue

by Shadowcatcher

Original Post

Blank icons/download in queue

★★★★ Novice

Some times my games library shows blank items, other times I see the icons but when I want to install a game it goes to download in queue and doesn't do anything.

I tried every single fix I could find, reinstalled origin, manually uninstalled origin with removing all files and registry, opened ports on my router and tried DMZ, put origin in exclusions for my firewall, disabled all services, hell even did a fresh windows install. All this with 0 luck. I hope I can find a fix here...

Message 1 of 13 (455 Views)

Re: Blank icons/download in queue

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowcatcher let's go ahead and grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is the file

Message 3 of 13 (427 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowcatcher I'm seeing a number of errors there so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Did the sfc scan, found something and fixed it. Still same problem with origin tho
Message 5 of 13 (343 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowcatcher can you try creating a new Window's admin account to see if you see the same issue there?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 13 (332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

made a new admin account and same issue

Message 7 of 13 (323 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowcatcher let's try clearing our Origin cache again and can you grab me a screenshot of just what you are seeing? 

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did that and still the same problem. Added a screenshot of what I see now. 1 time it is the blank icons, the other time I see the icons but get the download in queue.

Message 9 of 13 (310 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowcatcher clearing the cache should fix the issue that you are seeing. When you clear the cache do you have any issues in doing so?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 13 (306 Views)