Re: Black and white UI

by Greshapa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black and white UI

★★★★★ Newbie

I and a few mates have eyesight trouble and are having problems now reading the white on black Origin UI..

Is there a way for me to change it so we can see it better?

Other friends with visual impairment have similar problems using the menus.

Hoping there's an easy way for us to sort this as we love Origin games.

Many thanks,

Colin Brown

Message 1 of 5 (466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@rabbituk3 Thanks for the feedback, it's a great idea and something that I'd love to see implemented. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (624 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@rabbituk3 Thanks for the feedback, it's a great idea and something that I'd love to see implemented. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Origin is garbage, i suggest just not playing EA/origin-exclusive games. It amazes me that EA thought it was a good idea to make their own ripoff of steam, and so poorly at that
Message 3 of 5 (431 Views)

Community Manager

@Greshapa Do you have an issue with Origin? 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)

@Greshapa look from a business point of view. Steam takes at least 30% from every sale (depends of what contract the devs and the publishers have with Valve). Also, the Steam client had more time to mature. EA is not the only one that decided to make their own client. Ubisoft has uPlay, Bethesda started to make their own recently (Bethesda net), Take-Two also works on their own (Rockstar Social Club) and Warner is thinking to do the same. 30% from each sale (if you manage to get a good deal), is quite a bit for a store (let's face it, Valve isn't a developer anymore, just a merchant). 

And if you think that Origin is bad, clearly you never tried the Microsoft exclusives. The MS store is horrendous and not really user-friendly. It's also barebone, with a lot of unsolved issues. 

Personally, i use quite a few clients. Steam, GOG, Origin, uPlay. No outstanding issues with any of them. I go for my old games to GOG (that backwards compatibility and DRM-free beats anything), Steam for anything that isn't on GOG, Origin for the EA games and uPlay for the Ubi's games. 

Steam had 15 years to be where is now. uPlay, Origin and GOG Galaxy had less than half of that time. Given the time, those clients might get there and even surpass it. But Valve is focusing completely on Steam, while the other companies are still developing games. And i can understand why they are unwilling to split the profit (especially such a big percentage). If you would be a shareholder or own a company, would you be willing to give such a big percentage to a company that is only selling the game?! Because everything else (marketing, advertising, support, etcaetera) would still be your own responsibility and investment. The store will just sell the game and, maybe, will make it a wee bit more visible (not happening with Steam anymore, since the changes that they've made in the last two years).

At least EA has support. Try to get to Steam support for any issues with your purchases and you will be sent to the developer's site or the publisher's site. That if they bother to respond. When i had issues with one of my Paradox games, they flat out refused to help, despite a very polite request. Luckily, the Paradox own support is a hell of a lot more helpful and they've solved my issue. Had an almost identical experience with a Gearbox game (props to the Gearbox support for solving my issue really fast). So, yeah, my Steam experience isn't exactly fabulous. I use it when i have no other choice, but i would rather have support for the games than trading cards, chat, steam achievements and other irrelevant stuff for my gaming experience. I don't play trading cards, i don't care about achievements and i certainly don't chat from a game client. Discord and Skype are good for those. 

So, yeah, personally, i have no issue with anyone that wants to break the Steam monopoly. The changes from the past 5 years don't sit well with me, so more competition is always welcomed. That way, maybe Steam will wake up and invest in the areas where they are still weak (support being their biggest weakness). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)