Re: Black and White and Black and White 2

by tkoptur

Original Post

Black and White and Black and White 2

★ Novice

Recently I bought the game The Universim on steam, hoping for a little nostalgia, hoping for similarities to Black and White and Black and White 2.  I was disappointed. I promptly requested a refund.  

So my question to EA, hoping someone reads this, is are there are future plans to bring Black and White and Black and White 2 to origin? I miss playing them.

Message 1 of 7 (782 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Rizzano1974, I am not aware of any plans to bring the Black & White series to Origin but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

I've not had a chance to revisit either game in quite some time, have an old PC with it installed in the attic and must get about to giving it a go again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (755 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I would love-love-love to play a remake of the first Black and White game. Even an HD version with improved textures, quality and a little more polished in game models. 

I wouldn't even think twice and buy it as soon as it comes out or even a preorder of the game!

Command & Conquerors is getting a remake. Please do the same thing for the first Black and White game and it's expansion pack!

Your loyal B&W fan! 

Message 3 of 7 (723 Views)

@tkoptur Somehow, i doubt that is so easy. My guess is that is a rights problem. EA had the publishing rights, but i think that Lionhead retained the rights for their games. Lionhead was bought by MS and closed after the release of Fable 3. So the rights might be split between the two or owned completely by MS.

If EA would still had the rights, the games would have had at least a digital re-release, as they were and still are, quite popular. 

To be honest, i would love a list with the games that can't be brought back in stores because the loss of the licensing and of publishing rights. We are aware of some franchises (Dune, Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, James Bond, certain sports series like MBL and NCAA), but uncertain of others (Armies of Exigo, Black and White, The Movies). 

At least, we would know that we have no chance to see remasters, remakes, new games or compatibility patches for those games.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 7 (696 Views)

★★ Novice

Collaboration is amazing EA. That's what you should do if there is a copyright issue.

I wish Lionhead Studios was able to continue with B&W before they got shutdown.

Come on EA, at least let us know whether there can be any possibility of a remake. 

Message 5 of 7 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Yes please remake this like they did with resident evil this I would pay full price for.40 for the game 60 for the complete series.
Message 6 of 7 (442 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback @theboom105!

This thread is quite old so I'll be locking it here to prevent further necro-posting, thanks.
Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (438 Views)