Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bioware nerfed Catalytic Overdrive as well

by Banfilidh

Original Post

Bioware nerfed Catalytic Overdrive as well

★★★★ Novice

So once again, instead of fixing things; Bioware does what they do best. They nerfed the Colossus' Catalytic Overdrive into the ground:

Detonating a combo increases ability damage by 0% for 0 seconds.

It's becoming harder and harder to pick Bioware's side against the hordes of haters.

Message 1 of 8 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

If you see that on an item, it isn’t a “nerf”. Either it is a bug or the item perk has been disabled temporarily until they can fix a problem it is causing.

if I had to guess, the item might have been stacking the effect, as a possibility.

Message 2 of 8 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Agree. Not a nerf to fix an issue. Although, it’s a PvE game. I’d say let people go wild and have fun for the next few patches until worked out.

This game could use some positivity on the various social platforms. I’d personally watch a video of someone one-shotting an NPC.

Message 3 of 8 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

One problem with that is that if you leave a bug in place for an extended period, then people will scream nerf when it is fixed.

Message 4 of 8 (407 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Some people are going to cry no matter what is done.

Gamers must have the most moisturized eyes in the world.

Message 5 of 8 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i know it's not a literal nerf. It's the same "fix" they used for Gunslinger's Mark on the Storm when it was stacking infinitely. Except in this case, Catalytic Overdrive was NOT stacking infinitely like Gunslinger's Mark.

The next patch in a week. Disabling an ability instead of fixing the damn thing is the unprofessional and lazy way of going about doing your job. It's been over a week a since they "fixed" Gunslinger's Mark, and the next patch is on March 12th. This is not a competitive game, and there is no PVP.

So what if Storms are able to hit Bioware's terribly designed bullet-sponges harder than intended? I say that's good for a change, seeing as GM2 and GM3 take considerably longer and give garbage rewards anyway. I haven't seen this level of bullet sponge since Ubisoft brought raids to The Division lol.

Oh and the Colossus'  Titan's Hail ability has been broken for God knows how long... I think early access.

Wanna hear a funny story? Because I can't. Ever since they "fixed" the audio issues, I started having audio issues. (I never had them before the patch).

Message 6 of 8 (352 Views)

★★★★ Novice
"Gamers must have the most moisturized eyes in the world."

The irony in that statement is that I have chronic dry eye syndrome caused my PRK eye surgery I had a few years ago. My eyes literally cannot produce tears, and I must put in eye drops to keep them hydrated. Tongue out
Message 7 of 8 (346 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
I had one of these drop yesterday. I checked a minute ago and it says 40% for 20 seconds. If yours still has zeroes, I’d submit a big report.
Message 8 of 8 (291 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help