Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Bioware, just hire one person from DICE

by carniska

Original Post

Bioware, just hire one person from DICE

★ Guide

We are talking about Frostbite 3 engine. Why Anthem runs crappy compared to Battlefield V ? They run the same engine.

Just hire one person from DICE to sorten out Frostbite stuff.

Message 1 of 6 (222 Views)

Re: Bioware, just hire one person from DICE

★★★★★ Apprentice
Or, EA could do their job and actually support Bioware with technical issues. Frostbite is EAs garbage.
Message 2 of 6 (184 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@carniska wrote:

We are talking about Frostbite 3 engine. Why Anthem runs crappy compared to Battlefield V ? They run the same engine.

Just hire one person from DICE to sorten out Frostbite stuff.

Frostbite was created for first person shooters, specifically for DICE's battlefield series, and then used in the battlefront series.

Completely different animal than Anthem. I would guess, that the Frostbite engine comes with a host of issues in adapting it for this type of game. Not a developer, but it seems logical. Kind of like complaining that a V4 can't make a lambo work well. Its an engine, yeah, but its not designed for what the lambo is.

That would be my guess.

Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
i5-8600k, 16GB DDR4@3400 MHz, SSD, gtx970 4GB here, game runs smooth 60fps on high settings. No performance issues. PC obviously.
Message 4 of 6 (154 Views)

★★ Guide

They did, but he's the janitor. Bathrooms are real clean though.

Message 5 of 6 (140 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone!

I'm just going to confirm what @Aksu kindly assumed. Frostbite was created with FPS games in mind, but it doesn't mean that it cannot be used to make different games as well, it might only need more adjustments.

BioWare has been working closely with Frostbite team to address any game-engine related issues, which might be occurring in Anthem. There's no need for hiring people from different studios since we're all working for EA.

On this note, I'm going to close this thread. There's no need to continue such discussion.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help