Re: Bioware Points (Possible Hope)

by ivrognard

Original Post

Bioware Points (Possible Hope)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Obviously ignore this post if you don't care about Bioware Points whatsoever. For those of you impatient to read but still want to have Bioware Points on sale, give this post some light or post about it yourself!

Here I am being annoying again. But I know there are people who want to get certain DLC's for certain older games yet they are just astounded by the fact that they are being sold through Bioware Points AND that these Bioware Points have yet to go on sale. So a normal Bioware Points price for a "regular"-sized DLC will be 800 points (CURRENTLY as in when this message was made). 800 points is $10... $10!!! Some of these games are almost a decade old! Also, even though there's been sales on some newer games, Bioware Points have been completely unaffected. There has neither been a reduction in the amount of Bioware Points needed purchase these DLCs, nor has there been for just reducing the flat cash amount to attain them. I've been on this topic for a few years. I've bugged advisors asking about if they knew whether if whoever was in charge of Origin sales would ever put Bioware Points on sale in some sort of way. I'm going to post my most recent chat with an advisor and I'll bold the most important parts. 

info Nov 23, 2017 08:06:01 AM
Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info Nov 23, 2017 08:07:08 AM
Thank you for contacting us. (advisor) will help you soon.
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:07:13 AM
Thanks for contacting EA Help, my name is (advisor). How may I assist you today?
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:07:28 AM
Hello
you Nov 23, 2017 08:07:31 AM
Hello (Advisor) happy holidays
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:07:36 AM
I can see that you are contacting us about origin sale
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:07:54 AM
You too, happy thanksgiving Standard smile
you Nov 23, 2017 08:08:12 AM
My question is related to certain games in relation to the big sale going on in origin
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:08:31 AM
Sure
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:08:34 AM
Please ask
you Nov 23, 2017 08:09:14 AM
Would you have any idea as to whether or not whoever the big dog in charge of the sales would be putting on a sale for Bioware Points? And the reason why I ask is because the cost for certain DLCs in say like ME2 Or DA2 is basically the same price for JUST THE GAME itself
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:10:21 AM
I see, I'll be happy to provide you necessary assistance on that However, May I know who I have the pleasure of speaking to today?
you Nov 23, 2017 08:10:52 AM
My account is named TheSavashi. My name is (member)
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:11:32 AM
Nice to meet you (member)
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:11:55 AM
Please let me know if I have this issue covered, you wish to know if there would be a sale on the bioware points as well any time around right ?
you Nov 23, 2017 08:12:14 AM
fAlso the reason why I ask is because I believe someone asked the question about Biopoints before an Advisor they would be done away with in the near future (mind you my friend asked this particular advisor A YEAR AGO)
you Nov 23, 2017 08:12:21 AM
Yes this is my question!
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:14:34 AM
I see, so I wish to share that such decisions are taken by the accounts and billing managers, and however, the chat support has no direct link with them, although, if there is a promotion that is about to come, we would get the udpate about that and as per now, there is no such info on my end about the bioware points
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:14:50 AM
However, if you wish, I can share your views with the team
(Advisor)Nov 23, 2017 08:15:14 AM
And they will surely review that for you, and do the needful
you Nov 23, 2017 08:15:15 AM
Yes that would be a GREAT wish granted haha!
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:16:42 AM
No issues at all, also, for your feedback and being a great valued player with us, I wish to get a gift for you as a 15% discount code on origin
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:16:54 AM
THat you can use to buy the games that are 1 month or older
you Nov 23, 2017 08:18:52 AM
Wow I'll definitely be thankful for that. But not to kick a gift horse in the mouth, if I'm being honest I think my friends and I would just prefer a definitive response from this account/billing managers on the fate of these Biopoints haha! However I do appreciate your input as an advisor regardless!
you Nov 23, 2017 08:19:25 AM
So in response, would you have any idea as to IF and WHEN these account/billing managers would respond to the idea behind these biopoints?
you Nov 23, 2017 08:19:42 AM
Because if they simply say,
you Nov 23, 2017 08:20:00 AM
"No. We wont put them on sale"
you Nov 23, 2017 08:20:40 AM
I think it would put a lot of hopeful players at SOME sort of at ease so they're not continuously hoping for sales on certain old games and their DLCs
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:21:11 AM
Thanks, I will surely share that up for you, also, to get it straight to the team from your end as well, you can post it on the forums as well. Well , to be frank, that is something that only the players can bring up as a change, because the team would listen to players as to what they wish to have on the sale and in the game , same way as they made some changes in the star wars battlefront 2 recently after listening to the reviews about the game
you Nov 23, 2017 08:22:43 AM
Hmm so you think if we generate enough annoyance for lack of a better word we could incite a change? That IS interesting. I will definitely put this on the forums
you Nov 23, 2017 08:23:38 AM
I think the main thing bugging my friends and I is the want for a TIMESTAMP. WHEN would there be a Biopoints sale or WHEN would there be the announcement of NO biopoints sale
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:23:51 AM
Haha, that is not like it, it is just that the team should know what the players are wishing for and your wishes are not annoying, they give us an idea and make our job easy as to what should be put on the markety
you Nov 23, 2017 08:24:10 AM
I will definitely take this into consideration!
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:24:37 AM
Thank you, and same here, I will surely share those valuable suggestions with the team
you Nov 23, 2017 08:25:24 AM
Alright (Advisor) I appreciate the information you shared. I wish you a safe, happy holidays.
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:25:37 AM
Also, here is the code for you: 
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:25:45 AM
I wish the same for you Standard smile
you Nov 23, 2017 08:26:07 AM
You will most likely see a post related to biopoints in the future haha. And thank you for the code!!
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:26:15 AM
Please note that the following limitations apply to the code:Discount codes can be used on games which are released since one month or longer.Discount codes can only be used to buy games or expansions.Discount codes can be used on items that are not already on sale.Discount codes can only be used for games published by EA.Discount Codes are not applicable on Pre Order of the game..
(Advisor) Nov 23, 2017 08:26:20 AM
I will be glad to see that
you Nov 23, 2017 08:26:30 AM
Understood. See you around!

So if anyone wants to support Bioware Points sales, post about it more or give this post some light. 

Regardless, I wish everyone a safe, happy holidays!
Message 1 of 10 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did calculations, and to buy just the bare minimum amount of Bioware points needed for just the story relevant DLCs, you'd need to spend 80$ to buy enough points. Add  onto that regular you buy the games in the Trilogy "collection" and they don't even included DLCs or the "Deluxe editions" Which for Mass Effect 3 means Not even being able to get the "From Ashes" DLC without spending an Additional 11$

Message 2 of 10 (1,118 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kaminoyouni @TheSavashi

Bioware Points is something we are actively reviewing right now. I hope to be able to share more information soon Standard smile

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 10 (1,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice
We will impatiently wait for an update haha!
Message 4 of 10 (1,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is the reviewing going? Any progress you can share with us?

Message 5 of 10 (927 Views)

@pepazzdepa you can notice on the Origin store that the DA:O, DA2, ME2 and ME3 DLC's were bundled and sold for real money. The prices are quite acceptable

DA:O DLC Bundle Pack (includes the Deluxe/Collector's Edition content, something that wasn't available for Bioware points)

DA 2: DLC Bundle Pack (includes the Signature Edition content, which wasn't available for buy with Bioware Points)

ME 2: DLC Bundle Pack (includes the Deluxe Edition content and one pre-order bonus that wasn't previously available)

ME 3: DLC Bundle Pack (includes the Deluxe/Collector's Edition content)

Prices per bundle varies, some costing 25 euro, while one is 30 euro.

So, no need to use Bioware Points now, as you can buy the DLC's with actual money, directly from the Origin store. There are also discounts during sales, so from now on, everyone can complete their collections.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 10 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Recently updated Origin to view these changes. Acceptable... not so much, for how old these DLCs are, a full 60$ is asking way too much, only 20$ off even from my original 80$ estimate for the bare minimum for the Story based DLCs. Hard pass until a significant Price drop or a Sale occurs. EA, the more things change the more they stay the same. Wondering

Message 7 of 10 (821 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Kaminoyouni They do go on sale every now & then. And if you're an Access subscriber you also get an additional 10% off.
Message 8 of 10 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kaminoyouni Just like @JanePhoenix said, the DLC's packs go in sales a few times a year. So i am pretty sure that you will find a more acceptable price then. 

Personally, i was a masochist and actually bought them with Bioware Points. Not all at once, but each time i could spare some cash, i've added some DLC's, until i've got them all. For me was a good investition, as i love both ME and DA series, with good and not so good.  Overall, i've paid probably more than the 80$/€. But i was willing to pay that price even for games that old, as i,ve considered those really good games and still worth the money. Of course, some or many won't see it my way and i respect that, some can't afford it because their own personal reasons and the DLC packs are more than welcomed. They may look overpriced, but the Bioware Points would have net you a way higher price. Don't expect masive discounts, but they will be definitely more appealing prices in sales. I hope that you will be able to find the right price for you and complete your collection. My best regards to you and Happy Gaming!

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 10 (779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently N7 day isn't enough to constitute a time for sale on all things ME, and what exactly could be for a sale for EA for DLCs, like what 5% or 1% off?

Message 10 of 10 (605 Views)