Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BioWare - For my sanity, please sell Legendaries in the in-game store

by nk125

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: BioWare - For my sanity, please sell Legendaries in the in-game store

★ Apprentice

What's wrong with asking for stuff for sale in the store? Why should everyone have to grind through countless hours of repetitive stuff just to get a chance at some drop?

Money have different value for different people - petty cash for some will be small fortune for others. If anyone wants to spend their money on some virtual items why they should't be allowed to and why people will oppose the idea? 

I get it, you are proud of your hard work in the game and the items you got over countless hours of grinding; nothing wrong with that but guess what - nobody can see those items because you can't inspect loadouts. Somebody in green gear can pretend they have all legendaries and nobody can prove them wrong.

What else can you show for your hard work and be visible to others for bragging purposes? Paints, decals, suits and emotes - those are available in store for credits ... bought with real cash so anyone ready to spend will be able to buy them straight away without grinding weeks for coins. 

Also there is no PVP so nobody can use those items against you.

So I am asking again - why oppose it?

Food for thought.

Message 11 of 39 (181 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@enaiman wrote:

What's wrong with asking for stuff for sale in the store? Why should everyone have to grind through countless hours of repetitive stuff just to get a chance at some drop?

Money have different value for different people - petty cash for some will be small fortune for others. If anyone wants to spend their money on some virtual items why they should't be allowed to and why people will oppose the idea? 

I get it, you are proud of your hard work in the game and the items you got over countless hours of grinding; nothing wrong with that but guess what - nobody can see those items because you can't inspect loadouts. Somebody in green gear can pretend they have all legendaries and nobody can prove them wrong.

What else can you show for your hard work and be visible to others for bragging purposes? Paints, decals, suits and emotes - those are available in store for credits ... bought with real cash so anyone ready to spend will be able to buy them straight away without grinding weeks for coins. 

Also there is no PVP so nobody can use those items against you.

So I am asking again - why oppose it?

Food for thought.

Seen it before, noobs buy the gear using mums plastic, they end up doing end game content and suck at it as they have never learned by doing the hard yards and the other team members end up carrying the nub or dying a lot trying to constantly rez them , no thanks, plenty of P2W games out there failing miserably, you could always try one of those if grinding for stuff isn't your thing.

Message 12 of 39 (169 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
hell to the no, weapons/components need to remain out of it or it IS p2w and I HATE that word because people miss use it. but paying for a leg means you cut out a lot of the endgame grind.
Message 13 of 39 (159 Views)
Highlighted

Simply put, the stuff in the store now that can be bought with real cash is optional, and not needed for day to day use in the game.  The reason people are so against Pay to Win in PvE games is that it WILL change how a dev balances the game.  How you ask...? 

RIght now, they know you will spend so much time getting your stuff, but they can't make any money except by getting you to buy the game(so it needs to be fun) and by buying the fun stuff in the store, which you don't really need, so it needs to be cool and fun.

IF they sold stuff like guns in the store, then they WILL start to change the balance of missions, drops and such to balance out to bleed the most from you to  play the game.  So you really really want/need a Legendary Devastator to finish your build.  Now you have to grind for it, and it will come eventually...BUT if they sold it you could just go buy it, No issue...except some bean counter or manager of the game wants to make more money, so it is 8 bucks for the gun.  Hey no issue, you can afford it....but what about all those kids who can't or people who don't want to spend the money??  Well, since they know they will make 8 bucks off you if it is really really really hard to get your NEEDED gun, they make it super rare, and if they aren't selling enough, they maybe make it more rare....ohhh, but now they have a BETTER gun, that is even RARER, and it is only 10 bucks....or you could grind 150 hours and probably get it...and if they aren't selling enough, they will make it 200 hours...  Now they are designing the game with the propose of getting you to buy stuff, to make it easier, or able to do content, INSTEAD of trying to make it cool and fun so you continue to play and hopefully buy those cool outfits next month too.

You see, they NEED to make the game fun and entertaining now to keep you playing, and hopefully buying all the cool outfits, whereas if they had a P2W setup, then they would be making the game to milk you dry of money.  The game would become less and less fun, and more about taking your money to stop the grind, which kills the game after enough people get tired of being drained.  It hurts those most who are addictive personalities and who "NEED" all the cool gear to play....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 39 (150 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Pay to win ... what?

Is there a ladder, competition, top players, PvP ... anything to win which threatens (whatever) of the free player?

Just consider this: like money, time has a different value for different people - somebody's time can be more valuable than other's.

Imagine you are playing a game and your mum ask you to take out the trash - you are in a middle of something which you can't pause or do later but your brother is just watching TV - you can stop playing and take the trash out or you can give a dollar to your brother to do it for you - what would you do? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Message 15 of 39 (147 Views)
Highlighted

@enaiman 

Yeah, but what if he filled the trash up just so your Mom would ask him to take it out, and then you would want to give him money?? 

And yes, that is what the Devs in companies would do.  They would stop trying to make the game fun, and instead try to make it just grindy enough you want to buy stuff, but not too boring that you quit playing.  This is the pay to win method that is well known, and fully understood by gamers and developers.  It is also why gamers hate P2W, because the devs stop being concerned with making a good product and start tying to figure out how to get you to spend money to make the game easier to keep playing.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 16 of 39 (140 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
You do have a point here and indeed the game balance might change but something can be done to keep everybody happy - there could be a few specifically designed items to be sold while all the others would be game drops only.
Yes, these few items can have second (or third, whatever) best stats in the game (the very best stats would be game drops) but they will give people willing to pay that decent gear without needing to put in hundreds of hours.
Message 17 of 39 (135 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
No. Just no. Hell no. Just HELL NO. Why play at all if your just going to buy the end rewards? May as well not even play.
Message 18 of 39 (134 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
they are LITERALLY asking for them to remove the looter part of looter shooter.
Message 19 of 39 (133 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Really fun to see how irate some people can get over this Large smile

Message 20 of 39 (126 Views)
Twitter Stream