Re: Biggest pet peeve- people who won't follow jump master

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@lBreathTakingl wrote:

I only follow one rule: my IGN.

And when I say bunker I mean inside bunker and not the supply bins outside the bunker ffs...

Bunker: One of the worst drops in the game for a team. Well played.

Message 21 of 28 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Silz616 

Great place for a solo land you can usually get 2 unarmed kills only place I like better for solo is the pit cause 75 percent of the time you can get 3 unarmed kills 

Message 22 of 28 (276 Views)

★ Guide

I don't see that there should be some obligaton to follow the jump master. But I can see the OPs point to some degree. I normally respect the selections of my squad mates when I'm jump master unless I totally disagree with it. Jumping on to the supply ship is almost always a death sentence unless you get there early, which almost never happens. I will also change destinations mid flight if I see to many other squads are going to beat us to the location.

I think what the OP is mostly complaining about is mates who follow you almost to the destination them split off way away from you for no apparent reasons. Now you find the squad separated. I see thi smostly with one player deciding to land far away and At that point, I am not running over there half armed to revive you if you get shot down. Splitting off at the same local to loot different buildings is fine.

With that said, if I see the jump master aiming towards an area that a lot of squads have jumped into and is obviously looted and we will have very little chance of finding anything and defending ourselves I will split away. 

I have the same approach to the run off players. Run away from your squad and you run away from help. I am OK with a mate running forward to scout as long as they communicate and then wait for us to catch up.

Message 23 of 28 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
No one obliged to
Message 24 of 28 (253 Views)

No one is obliged to jump with the jumpmaster, that is true, but if you want to play a squad based game, you have to stick close together. If you don't, I fail to see the point of playing. Find a solo game. 

Message 25 of 28 (238 Views)

And for the record, I am not talking about people who split off to loot different buildings etc, I am talking about people who jump and land 300 or 500m away. 

Message 26 of 28 (237 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@aisthebestletter, so ppl like me 😜 although if I don't drop where my team's dropping it's well over a kilometre (kilometer?) in distance :P yet somehow they die... I survive or I get kills and they persue me. Or sometimes I see they're surviving and I'm like 'well ain't this a doozey, they didn't die right away. Maybe there's some hope after all'.

Don't 1) jump late, 2) go to airfield, bunker, random no-name locations or 3) be a low lvl jumpmaster who wants to go to a hotdrop spot and I'll follow you!
Message 27 of 28 (216 Views)

Dude, you are the exception. 95% of people who drop far away from their squad mates die within a few mins, but in saying that, I have only played around 200-250 rounds.
Message 28 of 28 (198 Views)