Big grab attacks, any way to get out of them?

by verkhon

Original Post

Big grab attacks, any way to get out of them?

★★★★ Apprentice

Or is it round over?

Message 1 of 26 (3,439 Views)

Re: Big grab attacks, any way to get out of them?

★★★ Guide

You mean the attack when the fiend grabs you and kills you?

As far as I know there is no way to escape them. You have to avoid being grabbed. I use the invisibility skill (don't know the English word right now) to get some distant between me and the fiend and take the chance to attack him. Its a tech skill and also the Infiltrator profile will make you invisible for a few seconds after dodging.

Message 2 of 26 (3,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

i did it once somehow. glitch i suppose. i'm not entirely sure how it happened... i was using the vanguard profile tried to do a timely dodge (though they seem to have completely changed the timing from ME3 evades), and the fiend caught sara even though it looked like she should have avoided the grab, i kept tapping jump, dodge, and the direction key away from the fiend, all at the same time. as she got slammed on the ground ryder dodged backwards and avoided the killing blow. though i've never been able to repeat it. might have been that i actually did avoid the initial grab but the sequence still played out i guess. 

---edit

however, it was a "oh, hell yes that was bada**!!!!" moment. and my expectations for the game grew, untill i realized that wasn't an actual feature. as it never happened again. i was so depressed afterward.

Message 3 of 26 (3,363 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CasperTheLich wrote:

i did it once somehow. glitch i suppose. i'm not entirely sure how it happened... i was using the vanguard profile tried to do a timely dodge (though they seem to have completely changed the timing from ME3 evades), and the fiend caught sara even though it looked like she should have avoided the grab, i kept tapping jump, dodge, and the direction key away from the fiend, all at the same time. as she got slammed on the ground ryder dodged backwards and avoided the killing blow. though i've never been able to repeat it. might have been that i actually did avoid the initial grab but the sequence still played out i guess. 

This really sounds more like a glitch/bug :/ 

Message 4 of 26 (3,405 Views)

★★★ Pro

ok, what just happened to my post?

Message 5 of 26 (3,396 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CasperTheLich

I don't know! That's pretty strange. 
Especially because I quoted your post and my post with the quote is still there. Weird.
Did you get any message about it?

Message 6 of 26 (3,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

nope, none

---edit

did i just get ninja edited by a mod for some reason?

Message 7 of 26 (3,385 Views)

★★ Pro

Posts bug out and vanish sometimes when you edit them i noticed.. and often reappear randomly later 

Message 8 of 26 (3,381 Views)

★★★ Pro

I got lucky once think it's health was low and my team killed it before it finished me off other than that no...  There used to be a bug before the patch where you are knocked out can hear everything happening around you, your team will still be fighting but you cant get up...  cant reload cant do anything.  cant be healed...  thank goodness that's fixed.  

Message 9 of 26 (3,377 Views)

★★★ Pro

well, i guess the quoted bit is still there so that should do.

back to topic

now, that i think about it... i think bioware should take my glitch and add an escape mechanic to the fiend grab sequence based off of it. because that was just so awesome, that word doesn't do the scene justice.

Message 10 of 26 (3,373 Views)