Bhop Healing - Is it allowed?

by Balzano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bhop Healing - Is it allowed?

★★★ Guide

I am wondering if Bunnyhop is allowed? i know it is frowned upon in general. But is it bannable? Has anyone been banned for doing it?

Saw a video of a guy doing Healing Bhops and was wondering if it is allowed.

Message 1 of 14 (1,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bhop Healing - Is it allowed?

[ Edited ]

Hey all!

It's fine, you can b-hop and do other actions in the process.
You will not get banned for this.

It a nor a exploitable glitch a bug, just a unintended Movement action.
it does not give a unfair advantage as every player is able to do this and shouldn't be frowned upon.

There is a chance this will get patched out or a statement will be made on b-hopping but for now it's fine.

If it will get bannable, I'll make sure to update my post.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (966 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
its not ban but maybe it will fix so u cant do it anymore
Message 2 of 14 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Guide
I sure hope they fix it! But i would gladly pick it up in the meantime if its not bannable. ^^
Message 3 of 14 (1,157 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry can someone explain this to me please? I've no idea what this means!
Message 4 of 14 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's an exploitable glitch related to how the game deals with movement momentum.

The gist is you bind jump to mouse wheel (usually down), start a slide, use a med while sliding, then start jumping using your mouse wheel (thus sending jump commands much faster than you'd normally manage with, say, spacebar) while angling your movement and aim at a 45 degree angle (think in terms of vectors - going at an angle gets you going faster than going straight ahead or directly to the side). With a little practice and timing you can achieve absurd mobility while your character does a very cheesy 'bunny hop'.

It's apparently been around in games made on this engine for forever.

dizzy even has a bot command explaining how it's done on his stream...it's really disappointing to see it reach that level if you ask me.

Message 5 of 14 (1,059 Views)

★ Guide
@TheGreenFellow explained it super well technically; simplified, it's a way for you to move quickly - as fast or faster than sprinting without a weapon - while popping a syringe, shield cell, or other healing/shielding item. If you watch most high-level Apex Players they use it lots.

It's not a bannable thing, it IS an unintended glitch that Respawn has said they're going to patch out. Lots of people frown upon the use of it as they feel it's cheaty, but it takes some serious practice to learn how to do it well. I always panic and mess it up in actual practice! So, personally, I don't have an issue with someone who's put the time and effort to learn it in using it.
Message 6 of 14 (1,050 Views)

★★ Guide
What's all this "frowned upon" business?

Most skilled players have enthusiastically adopted bhopping.
Message 7 of 14 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I really don't think it's that overpowered. Streamers die all the time b-hopping popping a shield cell because taking cover could've been better. You make a lot of noise moving around and you're definitely going to be visible. You could just heal in the nearest corner, and you might be in a better position that was unheard. Then run and fire. It's preference in my opinion.

Message 8 of 14 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's using obviously unintentional loopholes in game mechanics (revolving around using mouse wheel to jump, really) and results in thoroughly cheesy movement that translates to an obvious (and unfair) advantage over people that do not also exploit it.

That's worth frowning upon. Shroud can whine all he wants about it when Respawn removes it, it will still be the right move.

Is it all that big of a deal, compared to much of the other issues in the game? Perhaps not, but it's one less bit of strife for people like myself that would like to enjoy the game without any underhanded shenanigans ruining the experience.

Not to mention it annoys me every time I see these big-name streamers doing it as though taunting their viewers with their privelege...which in my brain I know isn't the case, they're just doing it because it gives them an (unfair) advantage, anything for that Winner screen, but the dirty feeling of it is still there.

Message 9 of 14 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey all!

It's fine, you can b-hop and do other actions in the process.
You will not get banned for this.

It a nor a exploitable glitch a bug, just a unintended Movement action.
it does not give a unfair advantage as every player is able to do this and shouldn't be frowned upon.

There is a chance this will get patched out or a statement will be made on b-hopping but for now it's fine.

If it will get bannable, I'll make sure to update my post.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 10 of 14 (967 Views)