Re: Bf5

by IronSightNoScope

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bf5

★★★ Newbie

I know bf5 sales have not been the greatest but, a price drop to $30 after only a week is ridiculous. I and many others spent good money on this game and for it to go on sale so quick has to anger a lot of people...... me included. I love the game but man if I only waited a week. I even bought the deluxe edition for $80. It just degrades the value of it in my opinion and leaves me feeling burnt.

Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @timtowman we have no control over the price that retailers sell the game. If a store is doing a promotion on the game then this would be something they are running themselves.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (796 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @timtowman we have no control over the price that retailers sell the game. If a store is doing a promotion on the game then this would be something they are running themselves.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ohhh snap!

Shops are scrambling to get rid of the dead stocks that was acquired merely a week ago.

Looks like BF5 is a huge success :eahigh_file:

Just some simple advice: ALWAYS target the right consumer group. This ain't rocket science.

Message 3 of 6 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Personally as a long time customer of the BF franchise prior to origin, Im deeply sadden that EA along with other game companies and publishers have taken it upon themselves to get involved in political movements and or agendas.  For a game or publisher ; this is one of the most problematic areas simply because their core consumers dont care at all about politics, they dont by games for politics , they buy games to escape that and many other facets of everyday life. Most of all; they buy games because they like them and want to have fun. 

Watching EA consistently barrage its customers (of all people) with comments that are in my opinion as well as many others; simply unprofessional and well; from a business standpoint ; completely and utterly obtuse. Politics has invaded every aspect of our lives and has ruined those aspects by and large. You could probably plot on a graph the success of a company and their subsequent turn into failure by simply plotting their public "politically themed and or motivated" comments in a timeline and relating it to the stock graphs. 

Suffice it to say; customers are your success ; without them there is no company, no money, no political agenda to mistakenly take some stance on. A game company needs to focused on one thing; making great games! Once you start demonizing / blaming your customers for your p.r mistakes,mistakes you continually make apparently (launch party); your going to lose because happy customers are directly tied to your success.  Its not about women; genders, or anything of the sort with the bulk of real gamers; its about EA attacking its customers as the bad guy. I (personally) could have handle this better than your entire P.R Department and whoever is there that thinks attacking the people that are buying your products is a great idea; should be terminated immediately or the very future of the entire company will be uncertain and possibly fail. This is just how business is; Its unfortunate that I , a lonely consumer whom EA has attacked , have to try to help a major billion dollar company on this. I'm only doing it because I want EA to succeed , we all (gamers) want EA to succeed. Its not going to happen getting involved in politics in ANY way. you can make fun of it (like in GTA) but when you are serious and use it as some sort of marketing plot or ploy to score points; you get loved by one group and despised by the other. money is money and if it were me; I want all of it; not just from one group of people whom subscribe to my ideals.  its not rocket science. 

Customers want from EA:

1.) A public apology. (We got political and it was mistake; we should have listened to our consumers and we didn't)

2.) You can do any number of things here ( if it were me; Id give one of my major most successful titles out for free via the Origin Free Game (used to be a thing) with a commitment to the consumer to never; not ever repeat these mistakes again. 

3.) Remove all micro-transactions, make it point to never have them. not ever. (if you make great games, you will NEVER need them anyway)

4) Great games (full versions , full of content ) for a great price. Nice sized dlc (10-20 bucks but no more than 2 or 3 at most) 

Happy customers is the greatest road to success and profit. Its just common sense.

Message 4 of 6 (664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually I believe Battlefield can still be saved.

EA, your salvation is Battlefield 1944.

Strictly stick to the core values of Battlefield 1942, not Bad Company series or BF3. I've personally never liked Bad Company series. I loved BF2 so much though.

No more fancy gimmick features.

Message 5 of 6 (617 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was too uneducated to use my wallet to buy battlefield V.

Message 6 of 6 (487 Views)