Re: Bets on how long till octane is nerfed

by kalocola

Original Post

Bets on how long till octane is nerfed

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am betting 1 month to 6 weeks before they nerf his stim. It’s too much fun to run circles around all the slow enemies with impunity. Lol. I love watching the plebs try to aim at me while I’m flying everywhere. 

But we all know what’s coming. So how long before they castrate him into oblivion?

Message 1 of 7 (658 Views)

★ Guide
I feel he is pretty well balanced tbh. People are still learning how to combat his speed. The community will adjust and he will probably be around the middle of the pack in regards to his useage
Message 2 of 7 (624 Views)

★★★ Guide

His stim is overpowered, no cooldown on it very little drawback to his health.

I don't like legends that can run fast it just favors the already dull meta of closing the gap on an enemy group and spamming shotguns/wingman until they're dead.

Message 3 of 7 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree he is so op  the way he slowly kills himself running to/away from you so you only need to hit him a couple of times.

His awesome heal that's so slow and stops working if you get shot. And his super useful bounce pad. Defo needs a nerf with all that opness

I mean the fact it's still always a lifeline in the champion squad shows he's the... wait a second... this is a post to deflect from lifeline isnt it!

Message 4 of 7 (566 Views)

★★ Guide

They won't be nerfing him what so ever. He's no where near OP. The only thing people are sucking at is tracking him properly cause of how fast he moves. After people get a better handle on how to laser him down he'll be probably mid-top tier but no where near OP and in need of a nerf.

Message 5 of 7 (561 Views)

★ Guide

He needs an actual CD on his ordenance.
It's stupid he can run on Stim all the time, in Titanfall 2 Stim had a CD and was one of the strongest classes. Here it's just way too OP on how Octane can pick whenever he wants to fight or run and enemy cannot do anything about it - even arc stars / caustic barrels are less efective on him so there is really no way to counter his penament MS boost.

And his HP cost is laughtable.

Message 6 of 7 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No way they would nerf him. He is well balanced now. His Stim is not overpowered he is still at a disadvantage using that skill his health is continuously drained. Using Stim several times in a fight will be bad for Octane. If you are good at tracking and aiming you can kill him fast enough. His regeneration speed is slow as well.

People who complain that he needs nerfing should practice their aiming and tracking skills. I still have a long way to go but I am gradually improving my aiming and tracking skills. I have killed some Octane users in game that is running a lot. People just need to practice.

Message 7 of 7 (524 Views)