Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Best game ever

by W2RD-1982

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
Best game ever? Not YET, but it has potential.

Anthem was released in a state that felt like it just came out of internal beta testing. Which it probably did, given the news.

In any case, what's done is done. The game is here, in the state that it's in. The only thing that will change that, for us, is time.

Personally, I'm guessing in about another 3 months Anthem will be in a state that a AAA game SHOULD be released in.

All issues aside, Anthem is still fun as hell and I love playing it.

The gameplay is fantastic, movement and combat feels natural and seamless to me instead of forced, or even learned. Anthem IS one of the best games I've ever played, in that regard.

I'm going to keep playing because I'm still enjoying myself despite the issues. Those will be fixed in time.

Message 21 of 39 (252 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Loki_Deezie wrote:

@allentissot wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I know that’s a pretty bold statement, but for me that’s where this game is heading. Every game out there right now feels boring next to this game.

what i love the most aside from the flying is how much FUN this game is.

it seems to me, fun is an underrated concept in games these days. Replaced with punishing and tedious. 

Any other game would have held back the javelin, force you to go thru so many missions before even unlocking one, and then it would have been a crap slow javelin to make you work even harder to maybe one day get a great one (if you give up all other life’s ambitions). Other games would make every customizable option an expensive or impossible task. I hate how tedious so many games have become. I’m looking at you, Rockstar.

Anthem gets right to the fun. I love it so much. I only want to see more. More big baddies, more javelins, more missions, more worlds, more of anything they want to give us. A 8 player stronghold could be awesome.

I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys having fun. Anyone who enjoys flying around a beautiful world, feeling like an unstoppable force; anyone who enjoys random co-op action against large swarms of enemy combatants and giant monsters.

Tell me how long you've been playing and please be honest.

Does it matter how much time. I have over 300 hrs. The game is amazingly fun. More fun than ive had in a game in a long time. 

The problems are real but dont stop me from having fun.

Give me more loot options, content and an adjustment to either drop rate or inscriptions. Bugs are few and far between for me. Only a couple dc since 1.03 and some little things here and there but nothing that hinders my fun

it doest matter a lot... 300hrs... sorry, i just cant believe you. i used to love the game, my friends loved the game... until u passed the 50hr mark and there is NOTHING left to do... after 100 hours its just empty. the game COULD be awesome... i have been waiting so long for anthem, ive been expecting a lot. spreading love even after the fail-demos and at the rocky beginning.

but its just far from the "best game" now... your are right, again - it could be the best game - the graphics, the combat gameplay, the flying, is aweeesome... but thats about it. maybe in a year or so the game can compete with other games out there.

now its more like a nice trailer of a movie that u want to enjoy, but all the good scenes are gone after 5mins and the rest is just empty space-fillers

Message 22 of 39 (235 Views)

★ Apprentice

its got great potential but they need a lot more content, variety and teamwork in it. not everyone likes using a mic for example. 
but the gameplay is a lot of fun, it just needs more things to do and see. 

Message 23 of 39 (229 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Geibla wrote:

@Loki_Deezie wrote:

@allentissot wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I know that’s a pretty bold statement, but for me that’s where this game is heading. Every game out there right now feels boring next to this game.

what i love the most aside from the flying is how much FUN this game is.

it seems to me, fun is an underrated concept in games these days. Replaced with punishing and tedious. 

Any other game would have held back the javelin, force you to go thru so many missions before even unlocking one, and then it would have been a crap slow javelin to make you work even harder to maybe one day get a great one (if you give up all other life’s ambitions). Other games would make every customizable option an expensive or impossible task. I hate how tedious so many games have become. I’m looking at you, Rockstar.

Anthem gets right to the fun. I love it so much. I only want to see more. More big baddies, more javelins, more missions, more worlds, more of anything they want to give us. A 8 player stronghold could be awesome.

I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys having fun. Anyone who enjoys flying around a beautiful world, feeling like an unstoppable force; anyone who enjoys random co-op action against large swarms of enemy combatants and giant monsters.

Tell me how long you've been playing and please be honest.

Does it matter how much time. I have over 300 hrs. The game is amazingly fun. More fun than ive had in a game in a long time. 

The problems are real but dont stop me from having fun.

Give me more loot options, content and an adjustment to either drop rate or inscriptions. Bugs are few and far between for me. Only a couple dc since 1.03 and some little things here and there but nothing that hinders my fun

it doest matter a lot... 300hrs... sorry, i just cant believe you. i used to love the game, my friends loved the game... until u passed the 50hr mark and there is NOTHING left to do... after 100 hours its just empty. the game COULD be awesome... i have been waiting so long for anthem, ive been expecting a lot. spreading love even after the fail-demos and at the rocky beginning.

but its just far from the "best game" now... your are right, again - it could be the best game - the graphics, the combat gameplay, the flying, is aweeesome... but thats about it. maybe in a year or so the game can compete with other games out there.

now its more like a nice trailer of a movie that u want to enjoy, but all the good scenes are gone after 5mins and the rest is just empty space-fillers

Yes i have over 300 hrs. Still do dailies for now until new content drops. I never said it qas the best game ever. I do really enjoy the game and still have fun but with all my javs over 774 im waiting for new stuff to come out or loot to be adjusted so i can better maximize my build.

The games to much fun for me to give up on it.

Message 24 of 39 (228 Views)

★ Apprentice

You don't have to believe someone that says they played over 300 hours. You're not relevant, so what you believe is also irrelevant.

I have over 300 hours played, and I'm still having fun. Heck  I even bought the game twice so I can play on both pc and Xbox.  Neither system crashes for me outside of a random crash,  maybe a few times a week. Legendary items while rare, as they should be, have been mostly decent., and I've got far more useful legendary items with useful inscriptions, than I have with poor rolls.

I honestly thought I was playing a different game  because outside of the rare bug, I haven't been having the issues that others seem to have. 

Game has its share of problems which I'm confident will be resolved.  But this is literally a month and a half in   Either take a break and wait for new content (which you don't have to pay extra for)  or cut your losses and move on.

Perpetually whining like a petulant child that didn't get something exactly their way, imo  invalidates whatever good points you might make (you as in people in general). 

Message 25 of 39 (211 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Glad that many of you are enjoying the game so much.  Maybe someday the rest of us might experience that joy as well.

Message 26 of 39 (205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I support this statement. The game is beautiful, fast, colorful and a lot fun. There is nothing else like it on the market. There are plenty of bad guys to destroy and plenty of ways to do that. And you are not obligated to do any long and boring missions. I had my reserves, but now I love it. The updates made the game even better.

Message 27 of 39 (129 Views)

★★★ Guide
I can't wait to see what this game is like in 6 months...I have a hard time not playing the game now. I still believe
Message 28 of 39 (119 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have to admit Anthem is pretty impressive.  I have come in late to the game so it has me wondering what all the complaining was about. Anthem is very much a quality game, problems or not.

As for the best game ever'  Have you played Odyssey?

Message 29 of 39 (106 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"Punishing and tedious"<---- One of the better descriptions I have heard to date about anthem.

"Other games would make every customizable option an expensive or impossible task"

61k wraps<--- in what world is that cheap?

Remind me again, how much coin is attainable  pr. week? Not to mention, how in turn is that tied in to how many friends you got that Actively play the game, thus contributing to your overall coin. 

With the state of the game as is, makes this even harder.<-- talking about player population. How is this not an expensive game (customization wise) compared to every other out there?

Good for you, you're having fun. And I assume a gamer pretty new to anthem?

"More big baddies, more javelins, more missions, more worlds"

Welcome to the state of anthem.<---Lets recap shall we.

Anthem launched, at least for me, being on PS4, February 22, 2019.

Current date, 16 May, 2019

So roughly 2 and a half months'ish later.

Anthems been through:

• 2 Hotfixes
  • 1 patch 

Thats a total of 3 in February alone.

March:

• 1 patch
  • 2 game "updates"

Another 3

April:

• 1 patch
  • 2 game "updates"

Another 3, because included is "New Content"<--- 1 lousy stronghold, with reskinned, steroid injected Fury.

Seems to me more time is spent fixing mistakes than creating your wish list.

Hope, you are lucky otherwise your fun is gonna wain quickly, with no more baadies or missions.

Basically the same world and missions since launch, with a little bit of quality of life improvements.

"I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys having fun"<--- I personally, Wouldn't dream of it!

I constantly have people from the Destiny community asking me about it, when ever they se me gaming. And I am straight up honest with them and they appreciate it. 

Because let's face it, anthem is the laughing stock of the gaming industry right now.

It's even recently made it to onion.

No communication other than (there are no updates this week)<-- Read it on twitter, cracked me up.

Bugs still in affect that shouldn't be, I could go on.

Message 30 of 39 (97 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help