Best car settings on controller

by Aneurysm94

Original Post

Best car settings on controller

★★★ Apprentice

What are the best car settings when using a controller?

I don't want to keep changing settings everytime I do a different race so I need a good set up, that I can apply to all cars.

Message 1 of 7 (1,254 Views)

Re: Best car settings on controller

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Aneurysm94   Have you considered the weekly 'social tab' challenges? A few goes each week, tinkering with the setup, will show you what setup works better for that type of vehicle. You can then just paste that setup across to the others of that similar type in your garage?  Your setups persist across all races per vehicle.

The default (mids) are always adequate.  I tinker setups and am XB controller too, and I have podium friends on controller who rarely bother to change any default setting!

Message 2 of 7 (1,169 Views)

Betreff: Best car settings on controller

★★ Guide

Right trigger --------accellerate

Left trigger ----------brake 

Is a good start😜

Message 3 of 7 (1,142 Views)

Betreff: Best car settings on controller

★★★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 7 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Sorry to disappoint you, but the settings will not be the same for all cars and it's the same for race tracks. 😆

As Englishman said, go do the weekly challenges and why not go to the race creator and try to beat yourself every time. 😉

Start with cars that are quite slow/fast and cool to drive (Renault laguna / ginetta all categories etc...)

Also look at the leaderboard on racenet and choose a race that you like a lot as well as the car, go to the race creator in time attack and try to make the best time by beating the others.

And the ⚠️MOST IMPORTANT⚠️ deactivate the assists, especially the stability control which will slow you down too much in the turns.

Good luck! 🙋
Message 5 of 7 (1,101 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Depends on your driving style but usually in 2019 and Legends I found stiffer springs dampers and antiroll bars made cars feel better for me. More responsive but twitchier.

Message 6 of 7 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on oculus and the fees at codemasters and here on ea have not added oculus as a platform so none of us on quest can ink to ea or racenet , so there's no way and what tab did you mention cause I didn't see that on the quest version, 

Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help