Re: Being selected champion for the next battle...

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Being selected champion for the next battle...

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wondering when being selected the champion for the next battle;  common courtesy / etiquette of the game to go in to the mix of things right from the start?  I always hear the announcement " the champion has been eliminated " within 2 or 3 minutes  from the start of the battle...   Wondering

Spoiler

Message 1 of 5 (248 Views)

@JDmRogue1 Yup happens to me all the time.. I destroy a lobby and think I'm a gaming god. I then drop some place way to hot thinking I'm going to destroy everyone there.. Only for the Hulk to throw me around and say puny god...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@JDmRogue1Yup happens to me all the time.. I destroy a lobby and think I'm a gaming god. I then drop some place way to hot thinking I'm going to destroy everyone there.. Only for the Hulk to throw me around and say puny god...

0D6CBAB8-6354-488F-AC4A-0596E0085552.gif

Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A champion isn't there because they had the most time in combat and kills. They are champion because of all the people in the lobby, they had the most XP from their match with kills, win xp, things like kill leader and so on.

The point I'm making is that the champion is there, likely because they played smart and to their strengths. Win XP is a lot. Most times when I've been champion, it wasn't because I played fast and heavy in Fragment. So play what is your best strength.

Champion.

Message 4 of 5 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've noticed a pattern when queueing with randoms.  One session my buddy and I had the champ on our squad in two out of three consecutive matches, and they turned out ot be pretty useless.  Our theory is that they had a really good game in the "bot" lobbies and got bumped up by the MM to the "mid-grade" lobbies that we clearly live in.

Intereting point, the algorithm for choosing champion doesn't seem to care what game mode you were in.  If we've just played Control and my friend has an exceptional game, then if we queue for BR next, he's frequently the champion.

Message 5 of 5 (138 Views)