Being able to switch squad would make this game sooo much better

by daniellematti

Original Post

Being able to switch squad would make this game sooo much better

★★ Guide

I’m sick of being teamed up with slugs lying down at the back of the map. When people in the squad play the objectives the game is soooo much better. But not being able to change squads in game sucks and makes in so frustrating.

Message 1 of 8 (425 Views)

Re: Being able to switch squad would make this game sooo much better

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

You can switch squads though, when on spawn menu click on team % squads bit and on PC you right click on yourself to change squads, if you are put in a squad by yourself it means there arnt any other squads with a free space, if there is an incomplete squad you will get put in there.

Message 2 of 8 (407 Views)

★★ Guide

@Viic25 I’m on Xbox series x, can you still do it on there

Message 3 of 8 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Try doing what I said, when in spawn menu go to the bottom left and open up the whole scoreboard (edit I meant list of players/squads but yeah) for your team, navigate down to your name and see if you have the option. Hope it works

Message 4 of 8 (394 Views)

★ Pro

@Viic25 wrote:

You can switch squads though, when on spawn menu click on team % squads bit and on PC you right click on yourself to change squads, if you are put in a squad by yourself it means there arnt any other squads with a free space, if there is an incomplete squad you will get put in there.

Unfortunately, this does NOT always work. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that 8 out of 10 times it doesn't work. Sometimes I want to do some testing or work on a T1 thing that I don't want to burden my squad with me being worthless to them and can't. I get that we don't want 64 squads per side and the squads will get full, but I can't make the change EVEN at the start of the game when there is less than a full server and number of squads. It's broken...

As to @daniellematti original post....I feel you. Hate to be on the spawn screen and see 3 players ALL OVER the map in different places. The other thing I notice too is they'll spawn once or twice on a point/team trying to take it or hold it and then sort of give up. They'll spawn on another point leaving you no way to continue to cap/take the point. Maybe don't rush in if you're the last one alive and give your team a place to spawn and continue to take/hold the point. You know....TEAM PLAY on the objective instead of chasing a K/D???

Message 5 of 8 (378 Views)

Also, it only randomly assigns you to another squad right? Doesn’t let you select a specific squad or create a new locked squad. 

Message 6 of 8 (360 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@daniellematti Too brutal man! This is legacy feature 🙈
Message 7 of 8 (352 Views)

★★ Guide

@Zoikon Every game I’m squaded up with noobs that don’t play the objectives or revive annoying is an understatement 

Message 8 of 8 (330 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help