Re: Before cross platform: account merge?

by cheatercheater00

Original Post

Before cross platform: account merge?

Hey y'all,

I know everyone is waiting for cross-platform and mouse support on consoles, and also the industry is talking about why Apex doesn't have cross platform yet... but for me, I would love to see something else as a soft of part-way stop gap. Honestly I don't need cross play but I *would* love to have this:

Merge accounts on all platforms - skins, cosmetics, coins

I play a lot on Xbox One, although I also have Apex on my PS4 and on PC. I just don't have anything unlocked on those platforms... so I would love to have the skins, characters, and badges that I have on Xbox, when playing on PC and PS4.

I wonder if anyone else would like to see this sort of thing happen? Not having my cosmetics on PS4 and PC makes me want to play the game there much less. So I hope this happens at some point!

Here's what I suggest:

- you can log into your EA account and link it with your PS4 and Xbox accounts.

- you can voluntarily merge the accounts. This way all your experience, badges, and other stuff show up on all the platforms.

- you can un-merge accounts, at which time the accounts get their skins and experience back. this should be possible after gaining more experience later.

- if you have bought the same skin/etc on multiple platforms, you get your AC back for the duplicate.

- if you have received the same skin/etc on multiple platforms from apex packs, you get materials for the duplicates.

- if you have received a skin on one platform, and then bought it for AC on another, you get the AC back rather than materials.

- if you had a duplicate skin on PS4, and got some coins on it, and haven't spent them yet, and then you un-merge the PS4 account, then you get those coins on the PS4 account. This way you can't "transfer funds" from account to account by merging and unmerging.

- if you got AC from duplicates on PC, Xbox, and PS4, and you're on PS4, spending AC will first spend AC which are on PS4, until exhaustion, and will then continue to spend AC which are on PC and Xbox in equal amounts.

I do understand that this would make Respawn earn less money on cosmetics. For example, someone who plays both on console and PC (are there many people like this at all?) might be compelled to buy the same skin on both the console and on PC. But maybe there aren't too many people like this. Either way it feels to me like Respawn are above this sort of thing and would like to be fair to their players, at least that's the kind of impression I've had from their existing online presence.

Message 1 of 32 (40,552 Views)

Hey @EA_FieryHelios  maybe you will like this :-)

Message 2 of 32 (40,528 Views)

Community Manager

I can see some good points here as well @cheatercheater00 .Thanks for sharing them with the community!

FieryHelios.png

Message 3 of 32 (40,493 Views)

★★★ Expert

They won't do this because of $$$

Message 4 of 32 (40,484 Views)

Community Manager

@Wingmannedbro As I understand it's more of a technical reason than because of the $3. 

@cheatercheater00 Sorry, but around launch there was the following comment basically saying cross-progression isn't going to happen. 

"Although cross-play is unavailable at launch, Respawn told Eurogamer it "plans to allow players to play with their friends on other platforms". Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends, "due to the way systems were set up early on" which "can't [be] reconciled after the fact".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-04-respawn-explains-apex-legends-surprise-release-and-why...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 32 (40,476 Views)

@EA_David Thanks for the reply, that makes sense! One can only hope that one day it'll become possible Standard smile
Message 6 of 32 (40,461 Views)

@EA_David hey David, could it be they were talking about progression during a season - i.e. you couldn't progress a season while it's running, by progressing on two or more platforms - while maybe importing past progress could be different?

I'm a programmer myself so I can see the first one being the case, but it's hard for me to imagine why the second one might be difficult :-) (i bet there can be good reasons though)
Message 7 of 32 (40,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Naaaw there's absolutely no reason why they can't make this game cross save as well. Look at epic games. Fortnite been here way longer than Apex and epic kicked open the door for the rest of the devs around the world. Fortnite had crossplay and cross save abilities and have been out way longer than Apex has. So that comment about Alex being launched too early or whatever is a bunch of *. They can allow it happen. Just like they could have been given us cross play. But they are lazy. They won't do it because of they money they will lose. It's all about greed. But they're plenty of people like me, who started on one console and refuse to play it on anything else because it does not support cross and cross play. All my friends who play Apex are on PC and x1. But I refuse to open a * * Xbox. So pc and p4 is what I play on. But I quit playing Apex because I started on PC but everyone I know that plays it plays on x1 and I can't play with them. At the LEAST x1 and PC sound be able to play together. Microsoft opened up that doorway back in Halo days. I used to be on my cousins 360 playing and he'd be on his gaming rig and we'd play just fine. Companies think we're stupid and we believe whatever they tell us. But some of us actually know the truth. They can do it. Without ANY problems. They just don't want to. Point. Blank. Period. 

Message 8 of 32 (39,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had a stroke trying to understand what you said in half of this.

TLDR: He said that Fortnite did it and has been out longer than Apex, and that apex is not releasing cross-save for greed.

Message 9 of 32 (39,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Erik_Dutter6616 wrote:

Naaaw there's absolutely no reason why they can't make this game cross save as well. Look at epic games. Fortnite been here way longer than Apex and epic kicked open the door for the rest of the devs around the world. Fortnite had crossplay and cross save abilities and have been out way longer than Apex has. So that comment about Alex being launched too early or whatever is a bunch of *. They can allow it happen. Just like they could have been given us cross play. But they are lazy. They won't do it because of they money they will lose. It's all about greed. But they're plenty of people like me, who started on one console and refuse to play it on anything else because it does not support cross and cross play. All my friends who play Apex are on PC and x1. But I refuse to open a * * Xbox. So pc and p4 is what I play on. But I quit playing Apex because I started on PC but everyone I know that plays it plays on x1 and I can't play with them. At the LEAST x1 and PC sound be able to play together. Microsoft opened up that doorway back in Halo days. I used to be on my cousins 360 playing and he'd be on his gaming rig and we'd play just fine. Companies think we're stupid and we believe whatever they tell us. But some of us actually know the truth. They can do it. Without ANY problems. They just don't want to. Point. Blank. Period. 

This is what I was replying to

Message 10 of 32 (39,368 Views)