Re: Outrageous greed.

by LuciAssassin

Original Post

Battlefield price discussion - Too Much?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is really typical of EA. I am not surprised theyve gone the greedy way. Half a game at full price, megatransactions, battle passes, pay to win heros. outrageous. i will get it a few months after it has been patched and fully fixed and only used. you are not worth my money EA.

Title edited to improve clarity - EA_Arcadia

Message 1 of 39 (5,151 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yep I am not going to blindly buy this game based on loyalty to the franchise anymore…..7 maps only and no single player for $70 lol 

You have to earn my money now!

Message 2 of 39 (5,107 Views)

★ Guide

£70 isn't a lot for a game that will keep you entertained for the next 4 years. You'll spend more than that on one night out. I'd be happy to pay that, plus extra each year for 4 new maps. 

Message 3 of 39 (5,104 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This, at least in part, is as a result of the 'community' demand to get rid of premium/paid DLC.

We reap what we sow...... 

Message 4 of 39 (5,093 Views)

★★ Pro
@mitsnas How is that greed? You are paying half of what you had to pay for BF3 and BF4 with all their DLCs. With the life service model you will receive all relevant content with the base game. You don´t need to buy the battle passes.
Message 5 of 39 (5,064 Views)

Hello @mitsnas

All new Games have Its prices a bit higher. Its due the development for Next Gens as the development is a bit harder and takes some time to get it all right also on Old Gens. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 39 (5,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

People were pissing themselves crying over Premium keeping the community apart in Bf 3 and 4.
Then people were complaining that BF5 didn't have enough content after they removed premium and replaced with a live service.
Then they added more skins to buy (which was very clearly the approach they were going for in the original BF5 trailer, but I guess people were lost in identity politics) but that was apparently not good enough because the skins were either "not realistic and ruined the immersion" or "boring skins that cost too much".

Now they are going to finance all the bonus content with a live battlepass plan, but once again, that is apparently too much for the battlefield community.

I am looking forward to this, as it seems to be best of both world for all players.

Message 7 of 39 (5,033 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@emerson1975 

Wait, it only has 7 maps LOL

EA honestly, we need to speak.

Message 8 of 39 (5,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

they dont want only 70 pounds for a few years. they ask for more with battlepasses etc. 70 is not enough for them anymore. thats why im not giving them a cent.

Message 9 of 39 (4,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

back in the good old days you would have a full game with full price and no shinanigans. now they make smaller games in order to sell them piece by piece and get more revenue. its not hard to understand. you dont get the first good game you used to get for your money. you just get a smaller one plus broken on release most of the times.

Message 10 of 39 (4,989 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help