Battlefield V ZA Servers

by l-Bann1k-l

Original Post

Re: Battlefield V ZA Servers

★★★ Novice

No how are we as south African players going to enjoy the game with 180 ping it makes no sense we know we don't have a huge player base but we had dedicated players like myself who enjoyed the game to the fullest we can't do run and gun anymore because half the time shots don't get dedicated only change we stand in different regions is to play as a recon which is so sad

Message 31 of 143 (982 Views)

★★★ Novice

We already don't have apex south African servers please don't take this away from us aswell

Message 32 of 143 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PartWeIsh Stats can be presented in any way to further your agenda. The thing is, we've been plagued by infrastructure problems (WACS/SAT cable breaks) twuce in 3 months time... This makes it impossible to start a private server, let alone a DICE server.

The only reason guys end up in EU servers is due to the Matchmaking function not creating an SA server but bundling players into EU servers most of the time.

Then to bring up some stats, Battlefield SA hosts the Clan Wars tournaments that run quarterly comps depending on server availability (mind you, something we waited for more than a year). We've hosted 70 teams of different numbers and played more than a 1000 matches.

We have the community filled with clans and casual players alike that make a difference in our communities, be it charity organisations etc.

Now removing the servers without any information beforehand, ni consultation, no engagement.... Just to inform us after the deed has been done is a testament to what EA/DICE's stance is towards the community. It is clear that even if we support the BF franchise, we dont matter.... Our countless hours spent on building the community, on creating content (which serves as indirect adverisement for the franchise) has all gone to waste...

I thank you for keeping us uodated and ask that you relay this feedback from the many players who posted and will post.
Message 33 of 143 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unbelievable

Message 34 of 143 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@lll-PAGES-lll Totally agree.
Message 35 of 143 (936 Views)

★ Novice

Azure and AWS cloud are up just about up and running in SA so why not wait and switch to lower cost cloud servers like the rest of the world? By doing this now you'll completely alienate your most loyal players. 

I've bought every Battlefield title for the last 10+ years and the ONLY reason I bought Battlefield 5 was that they had local servers. The experience on EU is not good enough. I want a refund. 

I was thinking about trying COD because I'm so fed up with the lack of balance in BF, but this is the last straw. I never thought I'd say this but I'm going over to CODFrown

Message 36 of 143 (931 Views)

Re: Battlefield V SA servers

★★ Novice

are they going to refund us for this. what the use we pay for a game and we cant even play it

Message 37 of 143 (851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

* on fire yo.

Message 38 of 143 (926 Views)

★ Novice

This is BS and your data is wrong. Your matchmaking is probably broken like everything else and is incorrectly placing people on the wrong servers.

The local servers are full most nights. 

We paid good money for this game and you just took away it's only real selling point for most. 

If you want to do away with SA servers you should start with the next game in the franchise and give people forewarning and not change the agreement halfway through its cycle. 

It's a shady business practice.

You should know by now gamers will take this personally and badly. Don't expect us to buy another one of your games.

Message 39 of 143 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EU servers with a 200ping which makes any game unplayable. DICE did not have the balls to let anybody know that this was what you were going to do. but what you expect from a company like , EA/Dice enoughing more.

Message 40 of 143 (881 Views)