Re: Battlefield V ZA Servers

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@MistarF0x

From what I can read from the Terms of Service, no laws have been broken.
You can take a look yourself, as a reminder to what you agreed to.

4. Availability of EA Services and Updates

We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.
https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Is removing servers shady? Yes.
Is it fraudulent practices? No.
Is it breaking any laws? No.
Are they able to get away with it legally? Yes.
Do I think this is fair? No.
Message 141 of 143 (946 Views)

Hero

@Plucky6922 wrote:
@MistarF0x

From what I can read from the Terms of Service, no laws have been broken.
You can take a look yourself, as a reminder to what you agreed to.

4. Availability of EA Services and Updates

We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.
https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Is removing servers shady? Yes.
Is it fraudulent practices? No.
Is it breaking any laws? No.
Are they able to get away with it legally? Yes.
Do I think this is fair? No.

I'm sorry but this is not quite the case. A service agreement is not a law and breaking a service agreement is not necessarily breaking a law.

Consumer protection laws, marketing laws etc. could supersede service agreements depending on where in the world you are located. 

As an example, here in Denmark where I am located, you are allowed to take backups of your digital products and you are allowed to circumvent copy protection if that prevents you in making this backup for security purposes - this right written into Danish law supersedes the EA TOS.

In any case, we are not judges and none of us can talk on behalf of the legal system in every country - talking about what breaks the service agreement is fine, however, you should probably not bring the concept of "law" and legality into this.

carbonic signature

Message 142 of 143 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

An update for our #Battlefield players in South Africa. 

Update: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/202144/update-south-african-servers/

With that said I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic 

Message 143 of 143 (9,031 Views)