Re: Battlefield V Letter to the Community - TTK Changes Reverting Tomorrow

by WindowsManTv_CZE

Original Post

Battlefield V Letter to the Community - TTK Changes Reverting Tomorrow

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
mshr5ZH.jpg

Hello Battlefield Community,

We’ve committed to giving you an update this week around Battlefield V’s TTK (Time To Kill) adjustments, as seen in last Friday’s letter to the community. After rolling out those changes last week, we’ve listened to your feedback, reviewed our statistical data, and have made the decision to return to the original TTK values seen at launch.

Our intent with the TTK changes was to see if we could evolve the Battlefield V experience and make it more enjoyable for new players, whilst also making sure the Battlefield vets have a choice with a more “core” experience suiting their preferred play-style. Clearly we didn’t get it right. Veteran players didn’t ask for the change, but as game developers, we took it upon ourselves to make those changes based on extensive data and deliberation. It truthfully wasn’t an easy decision for us.

It’s important to acknowledge that we have a challenge bringing new players into Battlefield V and onboard them to become more experienced Battlefield players. It’s been a challenge across our games for a long time, as many will know, and becomes even more important for us to improve upon our post-launch experience with consistent updates to the game through the Tides of War. Our desire to service a game that caters to old and new players will continue. How we get it right isn’t easy, nor will it be quick, and we appreciate when the community comes together and helps us on this journey.

We have learned a lot over the past week. We’ve gained clarity on the issues you’ve shared with us around Time To Death (TTD), we’ve identified imbalances in weapons, and have recorded real-world data on how TTK changes our game and impactS our players. With that knowledge we have a better idea of how to improve the game going forward, and have already begun taking steps to improve the experience for all our players, new and veteran.

Starting tomorrow, December 18th at 4am PT / 7am ET / 1p CET, we will revert the TTK changes to their original launch states, we will remove the “Conquest Core” playlist, and we will not introduce any new “Core” playlists as mentioned in last week’s letter. This will be a server-side update and does not require a client download. We’ll continue to identify how we can improve the Battlefield V experience and will have more information for you around those changes starting in the new year.

Thank you for your feedback and patience. We’re excited to be on this journey with you.

- The Battlefield Team

Message 1 of 16 (1,350 Views)

EA DICE Team

The TTK revert is now in progress. 

I will update when we confirm its done and working.

/Atic

Message 2 of 16 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

The TTK changes are now live for Battlefield V! 

I'll see you on the Battlefield! Wink 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 16 (1,331 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So Wonderful. Thank you so much for listening!

Message 4 of 16 (1,285 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Great early xmas present, and the guns are certainly an added benefit!
Message 5 of 16 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear Dice/EA,

I would like to highlight you a serious problem that is ruining the game and my life as sniper.
It is ridiculous that the assault can headshot me from 300 metres without calibrate his shot , why am I suppose to set my sniper rifle if there is someone else that just pressing his button can headshot me without care about the ballistic situation? It does not make any sense at moment picking a sniper, assault rifle is really overpowered and the sniping is getting frustrating because of that.
I hope you get it sorted soon.

Regards

Message 6 of 16 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

What is happening with Tides of War and assignments not unlocking. This is a little disappointing. A minor detail but I couldnt build a snowman for 2-3 days and now I cant get the "look up" assignment to pop. Im not sure whats happening but when I want to check the assignments in game or in the pre game lobby, its still showing the 1st assignment, like the tracking isnt working. Dont get me wrong I like the game, but its not exactly the standard I would expect from the battlefield series, so let me start my rant;

I came across this quote from a few year ago;

Dice General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson said

“Our competitors are getting lazy…They’re using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game. At some point you need to take that leap. I haven’t seen them take that leap since a long time ago. We are doing that now. They had better watch out. We are coming for them.

“Our competitors keep building very, very high tempo games. We want to tell a story with more drama curves. It’s not about pumping round after round for six hours”

Single player on the both BF1 and BFV have been significantly underwhelming. Which immediately undermines this statement, I also remember a statement (around the BF4 pre launch) about EA/DICE not churning out games year in year out, as they believed in quality not quantity. With that in mind, although the battlefield games are not annual or bi-annual release they certainly arent the best when they do finally launch, BFV for example with its bugs and glitches is highly disappointing and frustrating, not just my opinion, there are BF Vets that play alot more than me, that also share this opinion according to the battlefield forums.

Im sure I speak on behalf of the majority of battlefield fans when I say, "we just want a game that works, we stick with battlefield because we love the games, the mechanics, the graphics, the playability, but we just want it to work"

We want to pay the money you ask for and get a product that betters its predecessors, if originality is of importance at the minute, fine!! But make it work.

I look forward to your reply, but please, dont disregard me (or the community) with a textbook answer, speak to your fan base, your audience and let us know what is going on, be it bad or good, I'm pretty sure we would all simply appreciate some communication instead of getting nothing at all.

Message 7 of 16 (1,232 Views)

★ Guide
Awesome, but I am wondering... why did they decided to change the TTK without CTE first?

Are they going to add a CTE for BFV later?
Message 8 of 16 (1,183 Views)

Yes there will be CTE for BFV but no info if it will be only for PC or consoles and PC's
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 9 of 16 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s usually hit or miss and depends on the server 

Message 10 of 16 (1,093 Views)