Re: Battlefield Portal can be played with AI Soldiers but they can be turned off

by EA_Joz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Portal can be played with AI Soldiers but they can be turned off

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

"When creating Experiences, you can also add AI Soldiers as a team or select to use them as backfill, meaning when you launch the experience, AI will fill out that match (though you can opt out of using AI Soldiers entirely in Battlefield Portal)."

Meaning we can play all of the Battlefield Portal stuff with the AI Soldiers as well if we want to. Which is what I will be doing a lot of Standard smile

And those who don't want to play with bots can disable them entirely so I think this is the perfect solution for those that want pure PVP.

Yea I am seriously getting the Ultimate Edition now !!!

See you all on the Battlefield !!!

Message 1 of 7 (2,176 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Battlefield Portal can be played with AI Soldiers but they can be turned off

Community Manager (retired)

@Jesse165 See you in the Battlefield 😎

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,113 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I do this with the majority of my games and I'm always grateful to developers that take the effort to create incredibly difficult AI scripting (If you want sub-optimal bots, try Natural Selection or Unreal Tournament).  The issue that some of us have with anxiety can be compared to those that are color-blind.  You can probably count on two hands the number of AAA titles released in the past 2 years that have built-in settings for color-blind players.  Bots are a similar additive but for those of us who don't wish to put up with the abuse.  Both (Color-blind mode and Bots) can be toggled on or off so this hurts no-body save the poor guys coding it.

Case-and-point I've been playing Heroes of the Storm since Alpha, I have maybe 2 PvP games under my belt, the other 9-trillion are me and a friends against bots.  Subnautica is a game I will probably never uninstall because It is entirely me, myself and I.  I don't wanna give CoD too much credit since we're on Battlefield's turf, but zombie-mode (You and buddies against AI) can make-or-break an investment in a game.

Message 2 of 7 (2,142 Views)

★ Guide

I was wondering if there was a minimum player number? or if you can set this up as single player? as I might be inclined to use it to see if I can get a helicopter to not go upside down for once.

Message 3 of 7 (2,135 Views)

@maskedocelot They've always said you can play solo against bots, I'm not entirely sure if you could make it just you. If anything you could create a quick map with a single AI Soldier and just plunk him in the corner somewhere on low difficulty if you need to train a bit.

There could possibly be a training range too for this very purpose

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 7 (2,118 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

@Jesse165 See you in the Battlefield 😎

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7 (2,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mitissa Thanks for this post I myself have had 2 strokes and my mate is in his 60s now so we struggle in any pvp so this option enables us to finally play a modern shooter that’s not Halo 😇.
Message 6 of 7 (858 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If only we could have known how Portal really turned out back when this was first posted!

Message 7 of 7 (848 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help