Battlefield Core Feedback - Maps - Feedback Thread

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Core Feedback - Maps - Feedback Thread

★★★ Newbie
@AbC6630a4456553 Yes, precisely. Many of the portal maps already have good design and flow with 64 players. Just add them into AOW while they try to "fix" the 2042 maps.
Message 11 of 813 (3,303 Views)

★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Which maps presently provide a poor opening experience because of the location of the Base Spawn? : This one for me is renewal, on 128p BT, both main bases on the initial spawn are directly next to each other and 9/10 end up with the defenders getting camped and unable to leave main spawn, moving the defenders initial main base to behind the mid gate in the wall would be a better compromise IMO.

How do you feel about the current balance between Infantry and Vehicles in Breakthrough? Balance is pretty poor on both sides, too many attacking vehicles (Boltes are still OP) if defenders had access to stationary weapons, i think this would help counter the numbers.

Have you played 64 player Breakthrough, and do you feel that this is the better way to experience the mode? Yes i've played, it's a much smoother experience but not to the intensity i would prefer, like 128p.

On which maps and Flags do you see the most immediate need for more line of sight blockers?  Orbital for sure, the run from B Objectives to C is largely open with little cover.

Do you have specific areas on maps that currently stand out to you as lacking cover?  As above.

Do you have thoughts on how we can better define traveling paths between objectives to keep combat focused?  More use of Underground passageways/tunnels would make concentrated engagement areas.

Do you see improvement opportunities to make it easier to understand how to get from one objective to the next?   would having more transport vehicles be an option (unarmed ones like humvees/quads etc) be an answer to this, having that ability to have smaller/unarmed transports spawn on captured points to help move between objectives would help massively.

Message 12 of 813 (3,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Straatford87

• Which maps presently provide a poor opening experience because of the location of the Base Spawn?

Right out of my mind: Kaleidoscope attacking side literally spawning with no cover and have to run few hundrets meters till any objective with little to no cover.
  • How do you feel about the current balance between Infantry and Vehicles in Breakthrough?

I see helicopter - I die. I see bolte - I die.
  • Have you played 64 player Breakthrough, and do you feel that this is the better way to experience the mode?

With its own flaws but MUUUUCH better.
  • On which maps and Flags do you see the most immediate need for more line of sight blockers?

Again, Kaleidoscope (I guess it is the MOST flawed map). The other one might be Hourglass.
Message 13 of 813 (3,308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 These arn’t the changes needed, please don’t make maps smaller as bf was always about large maps. Hell let loose is called the walking simulator not bf2042!

The issue with Battlefield is that it’s embraced the rubbish of other games, but lost what battlefield is all about. It feels like battlefront with some of the worst aspects of cod and fortnite. We wanted realism with an atmosphere like bf1, not a cartoon.

To make a good game its simple:
1. Atmosphere and destruction of bf1
2. Levolution like bf4 (the tornado turned out to be a damp squid though weather (or night and day,was a good idea, it just didnt do much)
3. Fortifications like bf5. If people are moaning about being seen etc, let us build cover. Let us create obstacles, things to destroy, things to build etc etc.
5. Bring back classes
6. Give us a scoreboard. I like competing against my personal best and looking at stats like with battlelog.
7. Let us speak to people. Open voice coms.
8. Let us choose our squads and turf out an inactive leader
9. Please let players roll over into new maps at end of old maps. There have been times when i have repeatedly gone into the middle of games already started or its near the end and i can’t stand it.
10. For the next battlefield Stop wasting developer time on emulating fortnite or cod. Battlefield hardline was better than cod, why not emulate the good aspects of that!
11. I miss grand operations like on bf1. On battlefield 2042 rush feels like a meat churn.
Message 14 of 813 (3,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I hope this is the right place for Feedback regarding the map design.

I've just read Dice's answer to the community's feedback and it seems like they've acknoledged a lot of our current complaints and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you guys deliver with the next content update. I still do feel like some points have been left out.

In my opinion 2042 definetly does lack atmosphere. You guys over at Dice have created a great lore and a perfect setting for a modern shooter but to me it just seems like this whole story-line has been integrated in the game very poorly.

I think I'm speaking for the whole community if I say we want more grittyness and immersion. Bf1 is a prime example.

Maps need to be darker, Buildings have to be destructed, massive fires in the backround. All that sort of stuff you would expect in a global crisis.

The maps need to feel alive and dead at the same time. Make it look like people actuall lived there, like this once used to be home to families and now it's just chaos and fear. 

We need urban maps, city maps and just in general a more infantry friendly setting. Right now at this point infantry is being devastated by vehicles and I think map design also plays a big part in this. 

In conclusion: Everything 2042 needs is gritty, dark maps in a setting which is enjoyable to infantry and vehicles. Return to the classic Battlefield Atmosphere and set a tone that fits this lore.

Nontheless Battlefield is still about having fun so some elements like the platform from Damavand Peak or Levolution Events and little easter eggs would be great to see.

I hope this can help and I appreciate any effort put into fixing this game!

Looking forward to the next updates!

Message 15 of 813 (3,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87I will come back with a detailed feedback about this, but what I can say right now is that the idea of 64 players Breakthrough being the default and only mode is a GOOD decision.

EDIT:

Reading how many replies in the Map Suggestion thread have been made in such a short time made me wonder how hard will it be for the appropriate folks from DICE to actually extract all the top rated suggestions that have been mentioned there and get an idea of what the majority really wants.

So I thought a good idea would be that DICE makes a poll system where the community have the ability to choose from multiple answers that DICE things are possible to implement. I am not talking about one poll, but multiple polls about everything DICE feels that has to be changed. If such system is not available here in EA Answers EQ than just make a thread which links to a 3rd party poll hosting websites like StrawPoll.

Gives a very good look at what the majority wants.

Message 16 of 813 (3,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 Needs more none weaponized vehicles like quads, jeeps, and bikes to help with map flow and more content in general
Message 17 of 813 (3,310 Views)

★★ Novice

on this picture, you need to add buildings or high structures at the B point. this placement is disadvantageous to US base. And adding high buildings or high structures that we can go up 

makes game very funny. PLZ listen to my advice.

Message 18 of 813 (3,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87

Couple of thoughts to help improve the maps that goes along with what you guys have already noticed and started to work on:

1) Remove all cut scenes after you’ve played it the first time. Just launch into the map after countdown.

2) Let players spawn on there own to try and get into vehicles rather then “dropping them off” in the cut scene.

3) Have more non attack vehicles available at the base spawn to get into - at least at first? for Conq. That way all the infantry players that don’t make it into vehicle s have to run so much. Jeeps, motorcycles, mopeds etc. this will also help i think the players that get blown up right away from air attackers that go right to spawns.

4) introduce back fortification building to build cover in certain spots to break up the line of sight but make it worth building by getting a good amount of XP to do it and so players will see it as worthwhile. Support points.

5) Reduce attack vehicles on breakthrough by at least half Standard smile
Message 19 of 813 (3,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would really like to see some more levolution. The tornados are awesome and i love them, but they shouldn't be on EVERY map. Maybe on a map like Kaleidescope, one of the buildings fall. Or even the tornados knocks some buildings down. Or a huge lightning bolt does. Some other weather would be cool too. Like maybe a heavy fog or a map with a heavy blizzard. Or maybe a tornado in a blizzard. The possibilities are endless. I just want to see some things that havnt been done, but going back to a game like bf4 with lots of levolution, would be cool. 

Thanks for reading, I'm really looking forward what yall have in store, I really like 2042 and want to see it grow 😁❤

Message 20 of 813 (3,280 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help