Battlefield Community Charter

by ShevermiN

Original Post

Battlefield Community Charter

★★ Guide

Here is the link     https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-community-charter

TLDR   ???     well if it wasn't then let me tell you about may BF2043 Launch day experience...

In my time zone BF2042 went live at 4 pm on a Friday afternoon..  I happened to have that afternoon off, not by design, just happened.  So with portal live before launch our clan built an experience.   64p conquest, FF on, no auto health regen, no vehicle auto repair,  the two auto aim toggles off and BOTS  off.  So there we go JFL server up and running on launch with 10 people in it to start.   13 Maps,  2042 loadouts,   new map old map.   It was awesome, the next 6 hours were the best online gaming I've had in years as 10 in Discord grew to 16 and the server filled with randoms and regulars from the BFV server.  We even banned a couple of trolls that followed us from BFV where no ban was permanent..     We all got upgrades, ribbons, new guns and attachments as well as player card pictures every thing was working a treat. We laughed, we helped each other, explained how and why we got kills and had a lot of fun with the game that was presented.

Then next day it was turned off...   And I ask what part of the Battlefield Community Charter did our platoon brake ??????     Why am I,  why is my platoon? being punished for something we didn't do. And why are we being denied something that was explicitly advertised as to how the game would work, and demonstrated. 

I read your community charter today for the first time,    respect has to go both ways.

Message 1 of 14 (408 Views)

Re: Battlefield Community Charter

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ShevermiN I'm a bit behind on Portal admittedly, so hopefully I'm getting this right, but I think the issue here is that the Portal experiences close if nobody is left on the server, rather than being persistent. You should just need to start it up again I believe. In essence they behave in the same way as the Community Games in BFV.

Unless you were contacted directly by the ToS team, perhaps?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 14 (373 Views)

★★ Guide
@ElliotLH No progression in portal ?? what planet are you from ?

No bot farming in our server?? no bots so why are we being punished ????
I can go and get 250+ kills in official single player servers and unlock every attachment for any gun and get promoted... Just no ribbons... So why can't progression be unlocked in portal. I can squad up with a high skilled chopper pilot or tanker and get promoted 3 ranks a round just sitting in the passenger seat.

So why did you stop my clan from enjoying this game together when we embraced the Battlefield Community Charter by stripping Portal of any meaningful progression because you didn't think people would abuse the system after what they did in Hardline. ???

I ranked 140 in BF4 in a HC server from launch. Ranked out in BF1 in 200% bullet damage server. And 275+ in BFV in a community server for the last 18 months ???

If progression and season pass assignment's can't be done in portal servers then the game is dead.

Oh and by the way ElliotH I know how portal servers work... I wasn't talking about the server being turned off I was talking about the progression ??
Message 3 of 14 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@ShevermiNMaybe read the Portal FAQ ? Wink

Will there be Community Servers?

In Battlefield Portal, players will be able to host servers where they can run custom games or use preset modes, like Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Rush, and other fan-favorites available at launch. These servers are created when you make a match and then shut down once the server is empty. 

So long and see you on the Battlefield ^^

Message 4 of 14 (348 Views)

★★ Guide
@CountSero again really Is that how it came across ??? I know how servers work.. Did any of you read Community Charter ??????

That's the Battlefield I play and the battlefield I have played every night in BFV until the BF2042 launch..
Now I and my friends have too play 128p mayhem with 3 friends to unlock stuff or boring bot matches in squads of 4 to unlock weapon attachments..
Message 5 of 14 (340 Views)

Hero
@ShevermiN There's no need to take that tone, I'm simply trying to help and reply to your post the best I can. You didn't appear to define that information originally and simply said "Then next day it was turned off", which made it seem like you were asking about the server itself rather than progression.

This was done due to the XP bot farms and changes have now been made. I would recommend checking the Battlefield Direct Communication Twitter (@BattlefieldComm) for further information as to how Portal progression is currently working.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 14 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@ShevermiNIn my opinion is Fair Play and Be Nice common sense but unfortunately there are enough people who needed reminded and that’s why such a player carta is needed

If the system is get abused it is normal that there will be restriction

And you still can create such sever you mentioned in your first post but your restricted in unlocking things because of the massive abusing on the first day in early access.

And i think the player who abused this system could be lucke if DICE don't bann them

See you on the Battlefield

Message 7 of 14 (320 Views)

★★ Guide
@ElliotLH there is no tone.. just more time in the forum's than in the game.. All I can say it there is 50 less players in my friends list then there was at launch. BFV is dead now. 2042 has just about bit the dust so now all there is to do is hope the next patch brings some relief or that's me and gaming done before the first season drops.. Forgive me if my tone sounds a bit bleak.
Message 8 of 14 (291 Views)

★ Expert
@ShevermiN your platoon needs to push for the rent a server with other like minded groups within the community. This way you have control 24/7. Only solution I see to portal is allow paid servers so people do not have to keep creating experiences.
Message 9 of 14 (281 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ghinavirus Yup, even Jack Frags said pre-launch that non-persistent servers would be a problem and called for rental servers.
Message 10 of 14 (263 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help