Re: Battlefield 5 ping

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 ping

★★ Newbie

Hey EA I play allot of battlefield 5 on ps4, especially fire storm. But i play with my brother who is on the other side of the planet, naturally we have allot of ping. But on previous battlefield games bf1 and even bf3 and bf4 we never had quite as much. Would be greatly appreciated if you could make our playing experience smoother.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3 (1,612 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Best thing to do @chr12364sims is for you and your brother to take a couple of minutes and go through the steps in this help article so as to ensure that your network is set up for the game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,588 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

things dont work like that, the world getting smaller , and all ISP cloud getting bigger, and that means more jump from router to router between you and your brother, this is out of EA area. ( some think VPN can help abit, but no, data packet still need to go from router to router through the world to each others local ISP. )

but own eqipment can also be a issue depend on what you did, but do have newest lan drivers and optimizing both pc, that can help abit then both ends pc runs as smooth as possible ( both it wont fix the jumps per router between you guys )

all this is part of Network Engineer ( IT )

ps.

every milliseconds per router per jump + your client and server responds time = ping as you call it ( ping is wrong word. its lag ( lag is in a switch/router and is lost time doing transport protocol in time = latency = thats lag ) this is showed in many games as things aient there where it is. and then people complain over it and cal game is laggy )

and in action games ½sec is actual enough to you have no clue who won fight's, maybe you know all this or not, ( and thats why most game has indirect damage ( life enough to heal yourself to cover for all the lag between all players, or game is turn base calculated ) but this wont fix sync where ppl is. and thats why you see ppl still move 1sec after they stop.

only things that can improve this is called super highways, lesser jumps around the world. ( those are very expensive, and have cost per transfer. )

ps.

i dont work for EA , i only reply to this because most ppl wont reply on things so hard to explan and many know this, but its also hard to explan depend on knowledge about IT.

and things can change fast, so advice could be outdate, but this is also stupid  imo, not tell others about it. but we could say this in other word if EA could do anything about it , dont you think they will have done so. ( all game companys and isp, will have solve this already )

ping apps

is just a distance to its server, and show bad/good traffic, but it wont show stable server ( bottlenecks can happend in area, most gamers has learn this )

so ping app is actual a lag apps.

huge diffrence in what gamers call things and what IT explan its problem with. ( so understand what gamers call things and translate it to IT is easy if you are a gamer if not then you are lost as IT Educated person )

Message 2 of 3 (1,598 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Best thing to do @chr12364sims is for you and your brother to take a couple of minutes and go through the steps in this help article so as to ensure that your network is set up for the game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (1,589 Views)