Re: Battlefield 2042 with campaign

by mrlukemonster

Original Post

★★ Guide
@mrlukemonster In the future they may add a little something, but it may not be a.....uh......watever that is ur asking for bro.
Message 21 of 97 (346 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Campaign you mean @SOCOMDEATHDEALR 

Message 22 of 97 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@mrlukemonster wrote:

Campaign you mean @SOCOMDEATHDEALR 

Yea man,  i see that in the title now.....the body of ur post runs together and it was obvious u wanted something added. Something about ppl on the right and ppl on the left and pvp vs campaign...idk, yw 🍻

Message 23 of 97 (332 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SOCOMDEATHDEALR I mean that you have 2 options you can choose either campaign or pvp and I'm for campaign so two options would be great like in other games I guess you know what I mean

Message 24 of 97 (318 Views)

@mrlukemonster

Basically everyone has different interests in video games. But for BF 2042 it's been already confirmed that there will be no Campaign in this one at all.

Even if we had a campaign or like War Stories in the previous Battlefield games, they've always been a small part of the whole. Since Battlefield will be and has always been a mainly online FPS game. I also kinda enjoyed the Campaign back then but as soon as i finished it, i went into the multiplayer.

So i guess it wasn't such a bad idea to completely get rid of the campaign, so the whole team can focus on the multiplayer and so make it even better.

And in this case i would say that we'll pretty sure not see a comeback of a Singleplayer campaign. 

Greets,

Trav

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 25 of 97 (304 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Its_Travis_199 but I still hope for a campaign because if they want more people for this game the campaign would be great and in Multiplayer most server would explode so much because a lot of people go in this Multiplayer and campaign don't explode because its a story not PvP

Message 26 of 97 (297 Views)

Hope always dies last Standard smile

I'm just pretty sure that we won't see a campaign in this Battlefield at all

Greets,

Trav

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 27 of 97 (294 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Its_Travis_199 I hope it will because if they read what I wrote and maybe about the explode for server then they maybe think about it hopefully and don't ignore it.

Message 28 of 97 (284 Views)

★ Pro
Am I right in the idea that there will be 'NO' Campaign?

If it's true that there will be no Campaign, then why are they asking money for the Game? The Price-Tags pay for good Campaigns in Games, if there isn't one, then how can a £100 GBP Price-Tag be validated?

If EA can't be bothered to put in a Campaign Mode, then they should allow the Community to Build One. Some Games rely on the Community to make Campaign Scenarios, and these can be very well made. It does work very well.

That said, paying £100 GBP for a Game is a bit much, and expecting that Price to be for a Multiplayer Only Game is actually insane. It's not ESO or some Wide Expansive Universe like Elite Dangerous, so what's the Price-Tag actually paying for? ESO was a flop to begin with, and it didn't really get much better, though the Price-Tag has increased for that title.

If there is no Campaign, then it's a missed Opportunity, and a waste of money really speaking. People will play it for a short time, and then just walk away. Campaign Modes keep games alive, and can often be played in various ways. Finding secret Areas, Weapons, Dog-Tags, Scenery's, and Funny Moments in the Campaign can be very fun. The larger the Campaign, the more Value the Game has.

No Campaign = No Value = Make it a Play For Free
For £100 GBP, we expect a very solid, several hours worth of Campaign Mode. None of this completing Battlefield 1 in 3 Hours flat business. By the way, if I had of tried, I'm sure I would have done it quicker. For £100 GBP, we want a Campaign that's about 20+ Hours long, something with solid story, and plenty of goodies to find.

If we want Multiplayer, then Arma III is the place to go. Still waiting on Full DS4 Controller Support, but bits of it work on DS4 Controllers. Arma III has many Campaigns, and even Community/User Created Content.

Please EA, stop killing off Franchises, we're getting tired of it. You did it to Command & Conquer (R.I.P.), and it sounds like Battlefield is next to go under the Headman's Axe. PLEASE, don't kill it off.

Anyway, that's my view on it.
Message 29 of 97 (266 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@GENERALZOOL I agree with you I love campaign as well and without campaign is for me boring because pvp is like 2 or 3 rounds depends on time and mode and then finish but in campaign you hear the story the history and more excitement of playing and I would love it if there would be a campaign because if not I wouldn't buy it but if there is a campaign then yes I would buy it because I like story. I mean it coming in 4 months right? I wouldn't mind if they would delay it as I got plenty of other games I really hope they read your message and my message about campaign seriously.

Message 30 of 97 (259 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help