Re: Battlefield 2042: Will Cross-Gen Progression be available on Console?

by Marshennn

Original Post

Battlefield 2042: Will Cross-Gen Progression be available on Console?

★★ Novice

If I pre-order a cross-gen gold digital bundle of Battlefield 2042 and redeem the game + pre-order bonuses on Xbox One, will my account inventory and progress be shared across Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X if I chose to upgrade later? Or will I have to leave exclusive rewards such as pre-order and gold edition bonuses on my last gen console?

Message 1 of 6 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@fs83314To be completely clear on this: I am not sure.

However, the cross-gen bundle is supposed to allow you to have access to download, install, and play the game on an “old-gen” console and / or a newer one with one purchase / license.

To me, that seems only possible if that license is linked to an EA / Origin account to verify your access. So it makes sense to me that your progress, also saved and tied to your account, would be the same on either console.

Again, I don’t think anyone really knows right now except EA DICE.

Message 2 of 6 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Can't say for sure obviously but I would expect so since you'll still be using the same online account and user name. I know when going from BF4 on PS3 to PS4 you kept your progression. Also BF1&5 on PS4 to PS5 you keep your progress, difference with those though is that it's actually the same game not a specific PS5 version. 

I think they have even discussed cross platform progression as well I definitely remember reading that somewhere. That's always been an annoyance of mine as I play on PlayStation and on PC, having to unlock everything twice is a pain. 

Message 3 of 6 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@fs83314 wrote:

If I pre-order a cross-gen gold digital bundle of Battlefield 2042 and redeem the game + pre-order bonuses on Xbox One, will my account inventory and progress be shared across Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X if I chose to upgrade later? Or will I have to leave exclusive rewards such as pre-order and gold edition bonuses on my last gen console?

Hi @fs83314 ,

You appear to have posted the exact same question twice yesterday, as you also made this one:

Battlefield 2042: Will Cross-Gen Progression be available on Console? - Answer HQ

Maybe you want to ask a moderator to merge the two, or just delete the one with least activity/answers. 

Message 4 of 6 (944 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I’m not a subject matter expert but what I know is like any other digital signatures or codes , whatever you buy is  what you get, upgrades were created to follow up a cheapest version of instead buying the game in a different upgrade console. If you worry about changing from console if the progress will stay there is yes . EA profile will keep your progress ln the game. 

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 5 of 6 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Cross-Progression and cross-commerce has been confirmed for Battlefield 2042. So any progress and purchase you make on a platform will carry over to whatever platform you may switch to in the future!

Message 6 of 6 (913 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help