Battlefield 2042 - Submit Your Tips & Tricks

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 - Submit Your Tips & Tricks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87If you want to focus on playing vehicles you have to play solo. It is too few vehicles in this game and vehicle respawn is too slow.

Message 11 of 31 (1,108 Views)

★★ Expert
@EA_Leeuw but the gadget auto-replenishes after 6 shots have been used up....
so other then training for the class rework restictions on Falk why shouldn't you run a M5 or anything explosive....
ammo is also rather a non factor in 2042 since you get 3 seperate ammo pools to start with and to this day i have yet to run trough all 3 before beign killed....
Message 12 of 31 (1,087 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Play as Angel; drop ammo, ammo crate and revive team/squad mates. 

Message 13 of 31 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Tip - Smoke launcher gadget is awesome for attacking in Rush / Breakthrough.

Tip - You can resupply throwables with ammo crates, so if you spawn with an ammo crate your throwables is limited by your ammo crate cool down.

Tip - Look at the mini map, there are a lot of ways enemies get spotted, so keep an eye out for them on the mini map.

Tip - If there are lots of players camping an elevator spawn as Irish with C5, place a barricade in the elevator as close to the door as possible, and place a lot of C5 on the side of the barricade facing out the elevator door. Send the elevator up, and detonate when the doors open.

Message 14 of 31 (1,063 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Find a playstyle you enjoy and go have fun.

BF is a sandbox shooter. Lots of different playstyles available. The reality is that two thirds of the playerbase doesn't put much of a priority on winning or teamwork.  

If winning and teamwork is where you find fun, then awesome! That'll make it more fun for everyone else. But if those playstyles don't do it for you then don't let yourself get guilted into a playstyle you don't enjoy.

The game is best enjoyed when you play it your way.

Message 15 of 31 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Avoid going online and using "BASE" guns/characters/vehicles/etc that have not been leveled up yet. 

Trial and tweak ALL settings inside portal against Bots before playing the upgraded items in online mode.

Instead play "Breakthrough" solo game mode first, select the "Hourglass" map that herds A.I. bots at capture points. (Note if you want to upgrade an RU or US item, you will have to select a solo map that places you on either the RU or US side when the solo match starts...took me a while to figure this out...Thinking)

Place a respawn device hidden near the objectives (out of reach of the A.I. to destroy, for example inside a building at second Hourglass capture point and shoot bots through the windows...plus quit match when the dust storm arrives and hides all the bots to save time) and you can easily kill 80-120 bots in less than 15 minutes, which will upgrade all game items  from T5 level to T3 level QUICKLY

Note solo mode does not allow any leveling past T3 level, so once you get all the upgrades around 250-360, stop playing solo at T3 level and level higher playing online AOW and Portal game modes instead...

Message 16 of 31 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Guide

Get the intelligence and learn the situation before planning your operation . Watch the map before deploy , choose the combat zone that you can handle .

Feel free to go prone and find some covers when you feel yourself disadvantage in combat , keep survive as long as you can .

Retreat when you find opponent's attack is too tough to counter , join your major force and come back later .

Message 17 of 31 (1,012 Views)

★★ Expert

@DeepSixxxx wrote:

Avoid going online and using "BASE" guns/characters/vehicles/etc that have not been leveled up yet. 

Trial and tweak ALL settings inside portal against Bots before playing the upgraded items in online mode.

Instead play "Breakthrough" solo game mode first, select the "Hourglass" map that herds A.I. bots at capture points. (Note if you want to upgrade an RU or US item, you will have to select a solo map that places you on either the RU or US side when the solo match starts...took me a while to figure this out...Thinking)

Place a respawn device hidden near the objectives (out of reach of the A.I. to destroy, for example inside a building at second Hourglass capture point and shoot bots through the windows...plus quit match when the dust storm arrives and hides all the bots to save time) and you can easily kill 80-120 bots in less than 15 minutes, which will upgrade all game items  from T5 level to T3 level QUICKLY

Note solo mode does not allow any leveling past T3 level, so once you get all the upgrades around 250-360, stop playing solo at T3 level and level higher playing online AOW and Portal game modes instead...

Beat me to it, but this is all-star information for any new player.

That and all vault weapons can be unlocked via this method. It's literally the first thing I do after I get a new vehicle/weapon unlocked.

Message 18 of 31 (977 Views)

★ Expert
@Straatford87 here's a new Boris Sentry Gun tip.

How to Boris.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/XENLXFJUCZ

Message 19 of 31 (960 Views)

★★★ Guide

Lots of great tips here for those new players.  But most likely they will never read any of them or even care because most likely the majority already are use to this game style and will simply, quickly, adjust to this game.  Run, gun, lonewolf and you will fit right in.  Oh, and dont worry about PTFO and healing, just get those kills and be a bragging rights hero.

Message 20 of 31 (919 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help