Battlefield 2042 Refund Request

by Lordkoii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2042 Refund Request

★★★ Novice

Good afternoon everyone,

I had reached out to the EA Help and was directed here by a Live Chat Rep (Anvesh)

Based on substantial evidence provided, I am seeking a refund under the United States Consumer Protection Laws for the following reasons:

• Battlefield 2042 is not of acceptable quality
  • Battlefield 2042 is not as advertised at the time of purchase
  • Battlefield 2042 is not fit for purpose

There is also substantial evidence of Origin and Steam refunding the game outside the current policies, this game has been always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with development and I don't plan on investing anymore time in this.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 52 (3,966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 2042 Refund Request

Community Manager

Hey @Lordkoii,

We are unable to assist with refunds, account issues, Bans, missing content on Answers HQ. If you are wanting to find out more about how to request a refund we have a few help articles below.  

Please note these are for purchases through Origin, If you purchased the game through a retailer or another platform you will want to reach out to whoever you purchased the game from for further assistance.  

Thanks!  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 52 (3,942 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Lordkoii,

We are unable to assist with refunds, account issues, Bans, missing content on Answers HQ. If you are wanting to find out more about how to request a refund we have a few help articles below.  

Please note these are for purchases through Origin, If you purchased the game through a retailer or another platform you will want to reach out to whoever you purchased the game from for further assistance.  

Thanks!  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 52 (3,943 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Lordkoii 

Your best bet at this point is to sign the petition on change.org where consumers are seeking a refund.  I never thought it would go anywhere but just in the last couple of days it jumped from around 15k signatures to over 120,000.  .....no joke.  

We'll have to see if that finally puts pressure on PS, XB and others to provide refunds or at least get more involved in putting that pressure back on EA / DICE.  

Message 3 of 52 (3,913 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Kean_1111 Asking for a refund, at this stage of the game, is a joke. Opportunism, plain and simple.
Message 4 of 52 (3,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ChugKendall wrote:
@Kean_1111Asking for a refund, at this stage of the game, is a joke. Opportunism, plain and simple.

Not really, I think the OP may have a point here.

Message 5 of 52 (3,736 Views)

★ Guide

@ChugKendall Whys it a joke? Everyone on here has different amount of hours played and some possibly feel ripped off. Maybe some just don't like to be taken advantage of and will fight for their money, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Message 6 of 52 (3,733 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@David6479 If they didn't like it, they should have asked for a refund within the window in which a refund was offered. Asking for it now, after months of playing it (the overwhelming majority of the people asking for refunds), is opportunism--attempting to get the game for free--after it's played-out for them and they're now ready to move on to something new.

I did not buy it on Day One, because I wanted to evaluate it, first. I played the beta. I watched videos and read reviews. I asked friends who played it for their honest evaluations, and I had an opportunity to personally play it for several hours, before making a decision. In the end, I did not let some preorder bonuses, or a desire to get the jump on others with XP and unlocks, to sway my buying decision. I decided not to spend my money on it--and anyone else could have done exactly what I did.

No one at EA or DICE forced a single person to buy their product; people did it voluntarily, of their own free will. If those people did not research their decision, *before* making their purchase, they have no one to blame but themselves, and to ask for a refund this late is just a joke to me.

Gamers may want to familiarize themselves with the term "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware), and make appropriate changes in their buying habits, for the future: https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/other/caveat-emptor-buyer-beware/
Message 7 of 52 (3,699 Views)

★ Expert
@ChugKendall

"No one at EA or DICE forced a single person to buy their product; people did it voluntarily, of their own free will."

They did so, but under false pretenses and after being lied to repeatedly. About the state of the game (ahead of schedule) about the fact that the beta was 'months old' etc. Most of the players pre-ordered after watching the trailer that showed a COMPLETELY different game from what was being delivered. I guess you would have to agree with that statement. And for basically none of the players that pre-ordered a refund is (or ever was) possible, given EAs terms for that because they they count the day of purchase (pre-order) and from that point on the 14 days are counting.
Message 8 of 52 (3,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ChugKendall Why is it that over the years I always read "No one forced you to buy it" excuse. I am always for the consumer or the working man, anyone who defends big company's or corporations in regards to falsely promoting products or basically lying in general to make a Christmas cash grab has in my opinion more money than sense if you can excuse those actions.

The game is riddled with bugs, the lore changed suddenly during promotion and the updates are being pushed back to god knows when. I have always tried to be optimistic about the game but even the developers want this game to disappear overnight and to me that sends alarm bells ringing. The bare minimum will be done to this for legal reasons.

You can quote as many fancy Latin phrases all you want, it wont change anything. You're the typical poster boy that these company's want to hear in times like this. 

Message 9 of 52 (3,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ChugKendall The argument about the refund window is weak, as it's extremely short (I believe in some plataforms you can't ask for a refund if you've played for more than 2 hours). Also, many people knew/expected some bugs would've been repaired over time and tried to stay optimistic about the game's development.  However, it's very hard to stay optimistic when EA/DICE gives little to no feedback to the community. Basically, everyone bought a faulty product where fixes were promised, but so far, nothing was done. And now we can't even ask for a refund because we're out of the refund window. Unfortunately, there is no warranty for games, which would've helped a lot...

By no means I want to trash the game or the devs. The game IS fun, although I agree it's not really a "Battlefield game" and there is a lot of fixing to do. But I believe EA/DICE should either be more clear on the roadmap about the game's development/fix, or just straight up admit failure and allow everyone (who wants to) to get a refund. If I knew what to expect on the future of this game, I would consider waiting for the fixes to come and keep playing.

Message 10 of 52 (3,643 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help