Battlefield 2042 Ps4 and ps5 crossplay compatible?

by Remondo74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2042 Ps4 and ps5 crossplay compatible?

★★★ Newbie

Battlefield 2042 ps5 and ps4 crossplay compatible?

I am on ps5 and my friend in ps4, we can find each other

thanks for the answer

Message 1 of 3 (521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 2042 Ps4 and ps5 crossplay compatible?

Community Manager

Hey @Remondo74,

Unfortunately, cross-play between PS4 and PS5 is not possible. We have an article here with a bit more information:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-2042-cross-play/#cross-play

• Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can play with and against each other, but not with players on PC, PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S - even with cross-play turned on.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (509 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Remondo74,

Unfortunately, cross-play between PS4 and PS5 is not possible. We have an article here with a bit more information:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/battlefield/battlefield-2042/battlefield-2042-cross-play/#cross-play

• Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can play with and against each other, but not with players on PC, PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S - even with cross-play turned on.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 3 (510 Views)

★★ Guide
@Remondo74 I think the next gen stuff has a higher player count so no they aren't gonna work. That's why I bought the PS4 version, thinking a friend would try it. They didn't, and after the great nerf I'm not even playing this broken mess anymore.
Message 3 of 3 (484 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help