Re: Battlefield 1 Reolution

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Reolution

★ Novice

I recently purchased Battlefield 1 revolution because it was the best way to get the add ons. However, once I installed the main game, I can't find the add-ons. Can anyone help?

Jeff

Message 1 of 7 (562 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hey there @Shippey01

Are you on a PC or console ? On console you have to at least normally download the extra content from the store separately, I'd imagine the Revolution functions like this as well. For PC I'd imagine it should load them automatically though.

For PS4 : (From this guide : https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-1/battlefield-1-download-content-playstation-...)

1. Go to your Library.
  2. Choose Purchased.
  3. Select Battlefield.
    • If you have Premium, make sure you download your Premium pass before continuing.
  4. Scroll down to Playstation Store and open My Add-Ons.
  5. Find your bonus or Premium content in the list and start the download.
  6. When the download finishes, let your new content install and restart Battlefield 1.

For Xbox One : (From this guide : https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-1/battlefield-1-download-content-xbox-one/)

1. Open the Microsoft store and choose Use a Code
  2. Enter the code for your bonus content
  3. Find Battlefield 1 on your Home Screen and press the Menu button
  4. Choose Manage Game
  5. Select Ready to Install from the menu on the left
  6. Choose Install all, confirm with Install on any pop-ups and wait for your download to finish
  7. Start Battlefield 1 and find your items in-game

If you're on PC, open up your Origin, click My Game Library, right-click Battlefield 1, choose "Show game details" and click "Extra content" . Does it show you that the Premium Pass there is Unlocked ? And the rest of the content you get with Revolution, of course.

When you get to the in-game menus and look at the Battlefield 1 logo to the top right, does it say "Premium pass" up there under the logo ? On PC when you open up the "Show game details" there should also be a little golden P at the top right corner.

Also, while you are there on the in-game menus, go to Soldier -> Customise soldier, and click one of the Melee weapon slots, do you have there available such weapons as "Hellfighter bolo knife" and "Jambiya knife" ? If the answer to that is yes, it should detect the extra skins and weapons you're getting with the Revolution.

On PC again, you can also try and repair the game if you think that you have all the things downloaded but it still doesn't detect the content. From the My Game Library, right-click the Battlefield 1 again, choose Repair. It takes a while.

If all else fails, like you don't have the Premium content clearly unlocked or available at all when you should, please contact the support directly about it : http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Further advice to contacting support can be found here : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Good luck !

Message 2 of 7 (557 Views)

★ Novice

I have an xbox one. It shows that all are downloaded: deluxe edition pack, Hellfighter pack, BF1 premium, and They shall not pass. The game starts from the first story, do I have to finish the original to play They Shall Not Pass? I also noticed that there is nothing to indicate that this is Revolution...is that normal?

Message 3 of 7 (547 Views)

★ Novice

I see Premium Pass in the upper corner

Message 4 of 7 (546 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Okay, I think you got some things confused a little so I shall explain to you @Shippey01.

First things first, all the extra content added to the game by the Revolution such as the Premium pass, Booster Packs, extra skins and the Battlepacks are multiplayer only additions. Battlefield-series has traditionally always been mostly about its multiplayer aspect, so if BF1 is following the same formula as all the other Battlefield games have, all upcoming content most likely will only be for the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Premium Pass gives you access to all the upcoming multiplayer expansions to the game, plus some other little additions others don't get such as unique dogtags and occasional Premium 2x XP events. They also get to play the newest expansions once they come out a few weeks earlier than others.

Currently the only expansion out is They Shall Not Pass, soon In the Name of the Tsar comes out, though. They Shall Not Pass adds the French Army as a playable faction in the new maps it provides to the multiplayer. It also adds some guns and gadgets to the game which can be unlocked for the multiplayer through specific assignments. In the Name of Tsar, once it comes out, will add the Russian Army to the game together with their new maps and the weapons ; again only for multiplayer. For Premium members one of the maps is already out as a teaser sort of thing.

The singleplayer campaign has six different "War Stories" which you unlock as you beat them in order. You can unlock additional skins to the multiplayer aspect of the game by going through the campaigns, by getting the Codex Entries on each story and collecting Field Manuals, little collectibles hidden in each stage. The singleplayer experience of the game is always the same for everyone, no expansion adds anything new to it.

The "Revolution" as the game's name is a bit misleading. Think of it as "Battlefield 1 Complete Bundle" . It is a term they use for the Main Game + Premium Pass + Booster packs. So basically if someone already has the main game, premium pass and all the additional booster packs such as the Hellfighter pack and the Lawrence of Arabia pack, they got everything the Revolution brings them. It is just more or less a bundle term. So yes, it is normal there is no mention of the Revoution anywhere. Revolution itself doesn't give anything extra, it is just a bundle name. It honestly would be better off named something like "Battlefield 1 Complete Bundle" but I guess it'd not be as epic to advertise it that way.

So considering that you see the Premium icon and all, I would say that your game is functioning fine as intended ! It's just that none of the actual Premium, or other content, translates to anything on the singleplayer campaign as all the additions they give you are multiplayer only.

Message 5 of 7 (526 Views)

★ Novice

That makes perfect sense, I must not have read the small print...I actually read an article on the game that said it was for single player as well. Don't I look a fool. Guess I'll start playing multiplayer. Thanks for everything.

Jeff

Message 6 of 7 (506 Views)

Champion (Retired)

On a good side, the multiplayer experience of this game is actually a good one. And hey, the singleplayer is still a blast, too ! It's good sort of a tutorial for the multiplayer, you get to try out different weapons, get to learn a bit how the game works etc.. So if you're new to the series it's still a good idea to play through the single to get the hang of everything.

And no problems, enjoy your gamings and good luck fighting in the trenches !

Message 7 of 7 (481 Views)