Battlefield 1 Ingame name and Origin ID Question

by Chade_Fa11star

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 Ingame name and Origin ID Question

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've seen this asked before, but I'd like to ask if there has been any further information regarding the lack of customisation for usernames in Origin.

So, I've been playing BF1 recently and decided I'd like to change my ingame name, I discover you need to change it through the EA/Origin website and so go there to do so, the name I wanted was taken, as I thought it might be, but when I started to add punctuation/symbols to differentiate the name, ie: dashes, asterix, brackets etc, it just tells me the characters are prohibited. I apparently can't even have a [space] between words because that's prohibited too?

The strange thing is that I see players in BF1 with spaces, underscores, dashes and so on all the time, so why does it refuse to let me use them? This isn't because I've hit the 72hr limit btw and it would let me change it to something else as long as I'm not using any spaces or punctuation/symbols.

Message 1 of 5 (2,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 Ingame name and Origin ID Question

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, yes I've since managed to change it. I was using Firefox when I first tried changing it and it wouldn't work, so I thought I'd give Chrome a try instead and it worked fine with that. So something to do with Firefox or one of the extensions I have installed? Either way, sorted now thanks.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (3,122 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Chade_Fa11star

So you do actually have an underscore in your name right now. Have you managed to change it since you've posted this?

If your question wasn't related to the 72 hour editing restriction, and you're still unable to change this, then I would need to check up on this for you.

Message 2 of 5 (2,740 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, yes I've since managed to change it. I was using Firefox when I first tried changing it and it wouldn't work, so I thought I'd give Chrome a try instead and it worked fine with that. So something to do with Firefox or one of the extensions I have installed? Either way, sorted now thanks.

Message 3 of 5 (3,123 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Chade_Fa11star

Out of the top of my head I wouldn't know why you would have issues with this based on your browser. However, it's something to have investigated if we get more reports around it.

Glad to hear that you were able to change your name though.. :-)

Cheers,

Message 4 of 5 (2,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem can you please help and im using -chrome 

Message 5 of 5 (1,917 Views)