Re: Battle pass 2 Level/XP

by jonesy0218

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battle pass 2 Level/XP

★★★ Apprentice

Probably a stupid question but is battle pass level now increased only through daily/weekly challenges? Played a couple of games and there was no XP gained.

Message 1 of 14 (465 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

@TerKestah wrote:

Ok so I think this is the progress and indicator of where you are:

before.png

This is before I went into game where (unfortunately) we died pretty quickly and I earned 0 challenges but I earned 594 normal XP.

After the game it looked like this:

after.png

So - you are earning XP same as the normal XP and you have a recurring (infinite) challenge that will earn you +1 BP level based on XP. Then you have challenges that give extra XP, then you have challenges that give BP level directly.  

If this is the case it means that we will have the chance to level up our BP even collecting XP as per S1. Okay i will purchase it ah ah

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (527 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I would also like to know how to tell how much you have to go in each Battle pass level before the next one ?

I know there is a bar for your normal level meter, but is there a bar to show you how much xp is needed before the next level in the battle pass ?

Message 2 of 14 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@johnmiceter Yes, Click "SEE ALL CHALLENGES" then you will see below.

Daily2.PNGDaily.PNG

Message 3 of 14 (437 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@asukojo Does that mean that you get BP XP only through challenges?

The BP FAQ says: 

What’s the most efficient way to level up my Battle Pass?

Each character earns bonus Battle Pass XP at the end of a match based on survival time, up to a weekly cap. To reach your maximum Battle Pass level the fastest, you should maximize this bonus by playing a variety of characters throughout the season. Each character can earn up to 25,000 bonus Battle Pass XP starting the first week of Season 2, and the cap increases each week.

You can also earn an extra 500 Battle Pass XP for your first kill of the day with each character (max three unique characters per day).

Finally, the premium Battle Pass reward track offers Battle Pass XP boosts for playing with friends. These bonuses stack as you earn additional boosts.

Or is it only that you don't see the XP earned through the game?

Message 4 of 14 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TerKestah wrote:

Probably a stupid question but is battle pass level now increased only through daily/weekly challenges? Played a couple of games and there was no XP gained.

This is something i am concerned about as well; can we level up the BP only thru challenges or even gaining XP during the games like in S1? 

Message 5 of 14 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Got both from playing time (XP) and challenges (Stars)  (corrected). 

For challenges, you have to read the challenges and do it. Everybody get different challenges which is good thing, and you can do it later, and you can pick the one you like to do, some is harder/specific than others, you need to plan before start the game, but I don't see way to run away from it.

Some of the challenges is hard to control: Pathfinder zipline "Use 10 times by squadmates".

-If you play with your friends and you've mic, you can ask both of your friends to zip line 5 times back and forth, easy peasy.

-If you play with random and you have mic, you can ask for favor, some might be nice and willing to do it, some doesn't (dude, you're wasting my time, what is reward for me??).

-If you play with random and you don't have mic, you're out of luck" You have to really put zipline that your team mate really want to use. It might take 5-7 games with path finder.

Message 6 of 14 (404 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm curious to know how far along we'll be by the middle of the season... that's when I'll start to get concerned. But it does seem odd that they changed it to only challenges earning XP. 

Message 7 of 14 (384 Views)

★ Guide

battlepass xp is gained like in s1 by normal xp in addition to the challenges, it just doesn't have an extra menu to show anymore.

Message 8 of 14 (377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok so I think this is the progress and indicator of where you are:

before.png

This is before I went into game where (unfortunately) we died pretty quickly and I earned 0 challenges but I earned 594 normal XP.

After the game it looked like this:

after.png

So - you are earning XP same as the normal XP and you have a recurring (infinite) challenge that will earn you +1 BP level based on XP. Then you have challenges that give extra XP, then you have challenges that give BP level directly.  

Message 9 of 14 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Then sounds like another thing!

Due to my job the time i am away is more then the time i spend at home and levelling up the BP only thru the daily/weekly challenges makes it too difficult for me; i will manage to do pretty much weekly challenges but will waste more than half of the daily ones. 

Unfortunately seems like i will not run this S2! 

Message 10 of 14 (371 Views)