Battle for Neighborville May 26 Patch Notes

by Aeternus_EA

Original Post

Re: Battle for Neighborville May 26 Patch Notes

★★ Pro
@DarkTyyp yeah she did a get a damage buff, did get a fung fu buff, but overall... big nerf.

On paper you can read all the buffs you want about NC, the main one that will affect game play most often is the attribute that got nerfed into the ground.

That's why I said OVERALL nc was nerfed
Message 71 of 110 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I found this update fine until I stumbled upon the air deceleration. This removes bunny hopping which made many abilities good as well as helping establish the skill cap for bfn. I played a match and took notice to how my swoop slam and arcane enigma couldn’t bring me far at all, and I considered these abilities as mobility making it hard to get into the fight faster as well as escape a fight I was on the losing side of. I found this update very casual rather than supporting of the competitive community.

Message 72 of 110 (930 Views)

★★ Guide

I haven't tried every single character with a change and how the meta has shifted, but I will give a my general opinion about the patch.

The New TT Map - Excellent, it is a great map in my opinion and it looks pretty balanced although I have yet to get a full match on it. Most of my matches on it was with bots.

Battle Arena - Thank You So Much For Fixing The Glitch With Matches Not Counting. 

Peashooter - Thank you, this character felt lacking in many ways and this was a great change.

Explosives - For all the characters with explosive abilities and weapons, they either feel improved (buffed) or worsened (nerfed), but more consistent all around. Thank you for making sure explosives don't go through walls.

Citron, Space Cadet, Super Brainz, and Corn - I like the buffs and nerfs they got even though it may not be huge. Shuck Shot feels strong, Citron feels more viable, Space Cadet got much deserved nerfs imo, and Super Brainz feels more balanced with his nerfs to Super Ultra Ball and Hyper Jump Thump with his buff to Turbo Twister.

Foot Soldier - Thanks for the small nerf, I feel he will still be strong, but I am glad Rapid Fire was changed and some of his other perks were altered.

Nightcap - Honestly, I don't know how her changes affected her as I have not played her. I think she will be fine and the changes would continue to reward higher skilled players.

Imp - Now, I think nerfing the Mech's explosive escape was a good idea, but unfortunately most of what Imp has is weakened and his counters are stronger now. By making explosions meta in a major way, Imp gets indirectly nerfed a lot. By making the rest of his kit worse, Imp now has to be played by a very good player to get some reward out of and has to avoid many characters and situations now. Please give him small buffs to him, not his mech. His Mech is fine, but the Imp himself needs to be a little more menacing.

Things I hope that are coming - Damage Dropoff, Different Speeds For Each Character, Stamina Bars, More Characters at a Faster Rate (We don't need super complex characters, a primary, three abilities, and a passive are fine by themselves), and New Modes or Updates To Them. 

Message 73 of 110 (877 Views)

★ Guide

"Added AI backfill to multiplayer game."

I really hope this means Solo multiplayer is coming. I really want to play the multiplayer modes with just AI teammates and AI enemies. Or better a team of humans against a team of only AI enemies. PVE multiplayer essentially. The more Modes/Maps supported the better!

Message 74 of 110 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

bruh why u nerf soldier

he's already bad enough

Message 75 of 110 (802 Views)

Champion

@Aeternus_EA  Thanks for providing us with these patch notes! Large smile

Message 76 of 110 (775 Views)

★★ Pro
@mikepal19 *Her. But you're right. Nightcap is overall worse.
Message 77 of 110 (766 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Why not just remove NC from the game already?  She’s seen more change than anyone since Picnic and she needed it the least?!

Message 78 of 110 (740 Views)

★ Pro

Nightcap is fine. Still can harass people, just not as many as before. I play on PC, though, it is certainly easier to aim.

Message 79 of 110 (726 Views)

★★★ Pro
@spIash_damage I completely agree. With how zombies have been stronger than plants for a while I didn't expect to see plant nerfs but here we are. The fung fu changes are good but her primary aswell as her survivability is just awful.
Message 80 of 110 (725 Views)