Re: Battle Pass is here, big patch, no crash fixes.

by HawkSm4sh

Original Post

Battle Pass is here, big patch, no crash fixes.

★★ Novice

Battle pass is weak, balance changes that won't change this awful meta, hitboxes don't feel any different for Gibralter or Pathfinder, cheaters are rampant, game still crashes every other match.

Monetization for days, but nothing truly substantial to make me want to spend money on this game.

If at least the crashes were fixed, I might have considered plopping down my hard earned cash for it (though after seeing what the pass offers it's a hard pass anyway), but in this games current state it won't get a dime from me, and I would hope other players do the same.  This kind is not the kind of quality any of us deserve.  Period.

Message 1 of 8 (387 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it's a free game that you play, the least you could do is spend 10 FREAKING dollars on a game that you probably have over 100 hours in, and it will help support them to release content that you actually do want and to fix their game. I understand your frustration but you kinda just sound like an entitled kid

Message 2 of 8 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
And the ability to reconnect!

I've paid for 2 months, because the game is free. And I do enjoy it, when it's possible to be enjoyable.

It's not surprising they would bring monetization out first. But I fully agree with OP. They need to polish the game from here forward. Hacks, servers, crashes. Or I won't continue to support either. But I will give them a chance.
Message 3 of 8 (334 Views)

★★ Novice

@BotWeston wrote:

it's a free game that you play, the least you could do is spend 10 FREAKING dollars on a game that you probably have over 100 hours in, and it will help support them to release content that you actually do want and to fix their game. I understand your frustration but you kinda just sound like an entitled kid

This mentality of "the game is free so you have nothing to complain about" is getting old and it's honestly not a good enough excuse.

And I seriously doubt that Respawn needs my $10 to help them create worthwhile updates. Maybe you've forgotten, but Respawn is owned by EA, a company that made 5 billion in revenue last year. EA may have had little to nothing to do with this game but I still don't believe, even for a second, that Respawn is struggling with resources.

$10 isn't a lot of money, I agree, but I don't go to work Monday through Friday for 9 to 10 hours just to * it away on the "promise" that things will get better.

Message 4 of 8 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Lol people do remember pubg and fortnite the first month right I don’t understand where all this hate comes from it is free to play it is going to have problems for a bit

Message 5 of 8 (289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

Lol people do remember pubg and fortnite the first month right I don’t understand where all this hate comes from it is free to play it is going to have problems for a bit

Not sure about Fornite, but PUBG didn't have as serious problems as Apex does. PUBG had optimisation issues that's it. Easily resolved by turning most settings down.

Apex crashes 70% of the time. The last 6 games I've played 4 of them have crashed. I've played the game a total of 140 hours and I've had to push myself through over 200 crashes (I'm not kidding you). There's nothing entitled or wrong about simply wanting a game to work.

Message 6 of 8 (284 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Lol, if you crash that much, it's really your comp problem. I had like 5 crash out of 100 games. And i play apex alot, like 250 hrs.

Message 7 of 8 (244 Views)

★ Guide

These are not excuses for poorly released and handled games. We are not entitled to get anything for free, yes, but we are entitled to get something that deserves our money. I don't agree with "pay now and we will fix the game later" politics. Game publishers and devs should stop rushing out products and should stop experimenting on us like we are some kind of test subjects.

Message 8 of 8 (231 Views)